The hot sauce

"So how are we going to tell the station?" Lucy asked, climbing out of the truck.
"What? That I knocked you up, again?"
"Wipe that smug grin off of your face Bradford. You're the one who has to get up at night to change the diapers."
Tim shrugged and took her hand in his, "Doesn't matter. We still got it, that kiddo is the proof that we're not old."
"Huh, you're right about that." Lucy admitted, she dragged him along into the station, "Anyway, we need to tell them soon. I'm so ready to go into maternity leave early this time."
"Why that?"
"Well, I get paid while watching after our little angels and well, I can help you out a bit."
"Luce..."
"Don't Tim. I saw you falling asleep doing paperwork."
Tim sighed and nodded, "You're right baby, probably a good idea."
"Thank you. See you later? We could tell them while our lunch break."
Tim nodded, "See you later." He gave her a last kiss before walking towards his office. Lucy headed to the locker room and got changed. She admired her slight bumb in the mirror. The last two pregnancies were hard for her. Her body didn't respond well, that's why they decided to adopt the twins. They already did doctor appointments and all to be safe. For now she felt fine, and she was so grateful for that.
"Hey there girl, what are you– oh my god I sense a new life."
"Celina, heyyy" Lucy hurried to pull the shirt over her head.
"You're pregnant, right?" Celina gaped at her. Lucy sighed, "Don't tell anyone please. We want to tell everyone today at lunch."
"You got it. I didn't knew you guys were trying again."
"Well we didn't."
"Ouh, anyway congratulations, I can't wait to fake surprise at lunch."
Lucy laughed and thanked Celina before going out on patrol.

She met Tim at the food trucks, he was catching up with Angela and ordering some tacos, Lucy assured for both of them, since she mentioned tacos at breakfast.
"Hey guys" she greeted the others at their table.
"Lucy hey, come sit down, we saved you a seat." Nolan said, pointing to a chair.
"Thanks. So how was everyone's day?"
"Good. It was not that eventful, so that's good." Aaron said, focusing on his food.
Nolan nodded along and Celina just grinned at her.
"Where is Nyla?"
"She's getting us some Chinese food."
Lucy nodded and looked after Tim. He was walking towards the table, Angela on his heels.
"Ang, that's absurd. It's Smitty." Tim argued.
"I tell you Timothy, he has a girlfriend, I saw them!"
"I don't believe you." Tim placed the food in front of Lucy and gave her a kiss on the cheek, "how was your morning?"
"Good" she said, pulling out the chair beside her for him. "A bit boring."
"Better boring than dangerous." Tim sat down beside her and stole the hot sauce out of Aarons hand.
Aaron just sighed and got up to get another one. Tim grinned, "still got it."
Nyla laughed, "you're a dad of four, believe me. You lost your bite."
"Did not."
"You did Timothy." Angela grinned teasingly at him, "you're proud over a hot sauce you stole."
Lucy really tried to hide her amusement, but she burst out laughing, clutching at Tim's arm.
Nolan smiled as well, and shared a look with Celina.
"Glad you have your fun Luce." Tim commented and Aaron sat back down, "what did I miss?"
"Nothing" Tim barked.
Lucy wiped her laughing tears away and switched plates with Tim. "I feel like hot sauce babe, sorry."
Tim grimaced, "Luce, you will get heartburn."
"No I won't."
"You will Baby, remember the last time? Theo? You couldn't stand eating any spice."
"That's-"
Angela let out a pierced shriek, she reached over the table and grabbed Tims head, pulling him towards her. "DID YOU KNOCK HER UP?!"
Tim looked at her, utterly confusion and shook on his face, "I'm afraid so."
Angela grinned and kissed his forehead before releasing him and doing the same thing to Lucy. "I'll be an aunt again!"
"Crazy woman." Tim murmered, fixing his collar.
"Congratulations!" Nolan jumped up and hugged Lucy, "I have to tell Bailey, excuse me." With that he walked a few meters of to call Bailey.
"Finally I can congratulate you openly." Celina grinned and gave Lucy something that looked like a handbook on moonphases and births.
"Well thank you Celina, that's sweet." Lucy was actually excited to dig into that book, Tim could see.
"That's a surprise, I didn't knew you two were trying." Nyla said, hugging Lucy tight.
"We didn't. We thought that after the twins we were ready to give up on another baby."
"But well, here we are, for now everything looks good." Tim added.
Their friends knew about Lucys srtruggle with her last pregnancy. They almost had lost Theodore. It was a hard birth and there were consequences. The doctors told Lucy that it would be unlike for her to get pregnant again. And if, it would be risky.
They knew that they had to be careful and had to take every shift in this pregnancy serious.
"You guys are happy about it?" Aaron asked.
"Yeah, to be honest I had some concern with everything going on," she looked down at Tim, who was still in his chair, "I have a feeling that everything will be fine."
Tim smiled up at her and kissed her hand before placing another kiss at her belly.
"Awwww" the woman erupted and Lucy blushed.
"Okay woman hold your horses." Tim smiled and returned to eating.
Lucy looked down at her dinner. Tapping Tims shoulder.
"Hmm?"
"Babe, I feel like churros."
Tim swallowed, "alright, sit down." He got up, kissed her real quick and went to get some churros.
Lucy sat back down and digged into her food.
"I thought you wanted churros?" Aaron asked, confused.
"The Baby wants both. You have a problem with that Thorsen?" Lucy asked, snatching once again the hot sauce out of his hand.
Angela laughed at that and winked at Lucy.

———
Story idea: therookieeeee1111