An eventful evening

"Daaaad I want waffles for dinner."
"Matthew, you had waffles earlier today, why don't we eat some pasta or I don't know a vegetable?"
"Ugh dad." Fei pulled herself on the bar stool at the kitchen counter.
"Disgusting." Finnegan nodded along and Theo just shrugged.
"You four really need some vegetables. Let's make a deal, you eat some salad and pasta and after that you can have ice cream."
The siblings looked at each other, having one of their silent conversations. Fei looked up at their father and nodded, "deal."
Tim clapped his hands together. "Great. Who wants to help in the kitchen?"
Theo raised his hand, the others immediately left the kitchen.
Tim smiled and looked down at Theo, "it's just you and me buddy."
"Fine with me." Theo mumbled and raised his arms to be lifted up.
Tim did him the favor and settled him on his waist. Theo was still the youngest and smallest of their kids and he liked to clinge at his parents from time to time.
Today Tim had to look after the kids since Lucy was on Night Shift. He loved doing it, all though he got out of breath pretty quick these days, he gave his best to make it work for the kids. They all knew that they didn't had their old dad, who could run with them for hours or play fight them.
"Buddy. Do you know what this is in Spanish?" Tim asked Theo, pointing to the onion.
Theo scrunched up his nose and thought for a second, "cebolla."
"Yeiii! That's right buddy, good job." Theo grinned at him. "I also know what it is in Chinese."
"You do? Prove me."
"Yángcōng"
Tim laughed and kissed Theos cheek, "your a genius. Good job Theo, keep it up."
"Daaaaaaad the remote won't work." Matthew barged into the kitchen, almost colliding with Tims knee.
"That's because it's the wrong one, that's for the outside music boxes. Also, dinner is ready go get your siblings."
Matthew nodded and walked off again. Tim looked at Theo, "can I set you down?"
Theo buried his head into his shoulder, "one more minute please."
"Of course buddy." He caressed Theos back and made sure that Finnegan didn't drop the plates or that Fei didn't burn her hand on the stove.
After a few minutes Theo gave his okay to be sat down and helped his siblings set up the table. Tim used this time to take his medicine, he felt off for the last thirty minutes or so and already sent a message to Lucy to let her know that he will settle the kids down early. (He had to promise her to keep her updated)
Tim gulped down is last pill and made his way to the table. "Okay boots, who wants what?"
The kids began to chatter and Tim filled their plates. It took him some time to be sure that everyone has what they needed. Just as he was about to sit down, Kojo whined to be let out. Tim walked to their terrace door, when he felt something change. His breath didn't come in easily and his vision blurred. He stopped in his tracks and held on to the wall.
"Dad?" Fei asked, she noticed his condition and was about to get up when Tim tried another step forwards and fainted.
Fei screamed and run to her father, with Finnegans help they turned him on his back and Fei noticed the blood on his head, he must have called right on his head.
Theo cried and run over to hold onto Tim. Whilst Matthew made his way to the phone. He couldn't reach it, so he climbed onto the counter to get to it.
"Finny!" He screamed, tears in his eyes. "I don't remember the number! I don't remember the number!"
Finnegan dapped the blood from Tims forehead and looked up, he begun to stutter, to stunned to speak.
"911!" Theo cried out, and Matthew immediately begun to call 911. He waited for a few seconds before someone picked up.
"911 what's your emergency?" A female voice answered.
"My dad just collapsed! He's sleeping!" Matthew half screamed into the phone.
"Son, what is your address?"
Matthew gave their address, whilst hiccuping.
"Okay help is on their way, does your dad have a condition?"
"Yes." He cried, "but I don't remember what's called."
"That's alright the medics will get to it. Where is your mom?"
"She's at work, she's a police officer at Mid Wilshire."
"Would you like us to inform her? What's her name?"
"Lucy Bradford." Matthew said, clutching the phone and crawling off the counter.
"Okay that's good. Are you alone?"
"No my siblings are here too. They are c-crying." Matthews lip wobbled, he sat down beside Finny and Theo and took Tims hand.
"Medics are almost there, you're doing great." The female voice said again. "What is your name? And your siblings?"
"I'm Matthew, and I have a sister Felicity and brothers, Theodore and Finnegan."
"Thank you Matthew, Listen is your front door locked? If yes I need you to open it."
Fei nodded and got up, she run to the door and unlocked it, standing on her tiptoes.
"The door is open."
"Good, medics will be there any second, can you near them?"
Finnegan nodded, they could hear the sirens and tires screeching.

A few minutes later, the medics came into the house, their aunt Bailey at the front.
"Kids? Are you okay?" She asked them whilst half dragging them away from Tim, to let her coworkers do their work. "You did a good job, calling 911."
"I want mommy." Theodore cried, which lead to the other three to also tear up. Bailey did her best to comfort them, whilst the medics handled Tim under Kojos watchful eyes. They took care of his head and put him on a stretcher to take him to the hospital.
Bailey clutched the kids against her chest. "Do you want to come with us to the hospital or should we wait here for your mother?"
"Hospital. I'm sure mommy would like to be with daddy." Finny answered. The other nodded along.
"Okay good, do you know where your fathers car keys are? You all don't fit in the ambulance."
Fei pointed towards the counter. "Okay kids, put on some shoes and a jacket."
Bailey reached for the keys and helped the kids with their shoes, before loading them into the truck and following the ambulance back to the hospital.
Bailey noticed how quiet the truck was, "listen kids, you did really good. I'm proud of you and your parents are too."
"Is it our fault?" Matthew asked, "dad was in the kitchen and making dinner, did we exhaust him?"
"No honey no, we don't know yet why your father collapsed but we will find it out. And I can guarantee you that it was not your fault."
"Okay..."
Bailey parked the car in the parking lot and walked the kids to the next waiting room. She sat down with them and waited for Lucy to arrive. Which didn't take long.
Lucy barged into the waiting room, Angela on her heels.
"Boots" Lucy gathered them all in a hug. Kissing each of their heads and talking sweet insurances into their ears. "I'm so proud of you, you saved your father."
They waited their time on some news, Angela played some card game with the kids while Lucy tried to get new informations about Tims condition.
Lucy got to see him at one point in that night, she talked to some doctors, talked to him and ,ade sure the kids got some snacks.
"Okay kids. Your dad is fine, he's going to stay here for a day or two. Do you want to see him?"
"Yes."
"Please."
"Good, let's go. But not long okay? He needs to rest and you need to sleep."
"That's a deal." Finnegan said.
They followed Lucy into Tim's room and stopped. "Hey boots." Tim said quietly. He was exhausted, but so relieved to see them okay.
"Are you going to be okay daddy?" Fei asked.
"Sure little boot, I will be just fine."
Lucy helped the kids to settle on Tims bed.
"I'm really proud of you all, you probably saved my life boots."
"It was really scary, don't do that again." Finnegan said, glaring at him.
"I promise buddy."
They chatted for a few minutes till Lucy decided it was time for them to go home.
"But won't you be lonely dad?" Matthew asked, holding Lucys hand.
"Ouh no, he won't. Your auntie Angela will stay." Lucy said, smiling at him.
"That's right kiddo, don't worry. Your father will be under my watchful eyes." Angela said, walking into the room, coffee in her hand.
"Approved." Theodore said.

After Lucy left with their kids, Angela settled at Tim's bedside.
"You don't have to stay Ang, your husband will miss you." Tim said, clearly tired.
"Don't worry. He's out with James and the kids are with my mom, so you have all my attention." Angela sipped on her coffee and played with his buttons for the bed.
"Could you not? Jezz you're like the kids."
"How are you doing?" Angela asked.
"I feel like being run over by a truck. But at least the kids are fine."
"They are. And you will be too." Angela looked at him over the rim of her cup, she scrunched up her nose before slapping his arm.
"Oww?!" Tim looked at her in disbelief.
"Don't give me that crap Timothy. It is not your fault that you are sick, nothing bad happened. Everyone is fine."
"Something bad could have happened Angela, you can't deny it."
"Tim. Your kids are smart they know what to do and not to do. They saved you for god sake, stop worrying."
Tim sighed, "I know, it's just- gosh Angela it's getting so worse. I didn't tell Lucy but that wasn't the first time it happened."
"What do you mean?"
"Two weeks ago. Lucy took the kids to go see Nana and I was home alone, I just collapsed on the bedroom floor. Thankfully I woke up before they got home."
Angela smacked him again, "why didn't you tell us?!"
"I knew that it would just worry you all. I can't be the center of all the attention all the time."
"You are an idiot Timothy. I love you, okay? And I worry about you if you like it or not. So just please show some fucking transparency. It would make it easier for everyone."
"No it wouldn't Ang, but I love you too."
Angela sighed, "get some sleep, we'll talk tomorrow."
Tim nodded and closed his eyes, within minutes he was out. Angela stayed at his side the whole night, keeping Lucy updated till she could come and be there herself.

__________________
This story Idea is from @therookieeeee1111 I have a feeling you will see more of her ideas soon.