only one way to do this

em pov

ding! one notification from mycat

mycat

mycat

WAA SORRY EM I FORGOT TO TELL YOU THAT I HAD ROBOTICS YESTERDAY SORRRYYYYYYYY 😭😭

sent 24 minutes ago

dilemma

traitor fr 😒 but i'll forgive you if you told c/n 😏

mycat

POSH AS IF 😭

dilemma

then i dont forgive you 👹

you sighed, putting your f/c phone down. Em wasn't going to stop was she?

Fine, only one way to do this.

the next day, at lunch recess.

lauren pov

"Lauren!", I heard someone call my name. I turned around to find y/n with a red face, panting. She must have ran around trying to find me! "yeh?" I asked, awaiting the answer with round eyes. "so... i may or may not have a crush-" "OK SO FIRST STEP YOU NEED TO SEE HOW THAT PERSON BEHAVES AROUND YOU!!! second step: see if they act dif-"

"you're not going to ask who it is??" Y/n said, surprise appearing on her chubby face. aw i can see why c/n likes her~. "well, who is it??? I wont tell I promise~" I said, raising an eyebrow, pretending to be dumb.

"um.. what if I like c/n..?" I inhaled, this was it. tHe sHIp hAs sAILED!1!11!!!!!11. I grabbed her arm and gave her the most interested look I could muster. "oh em gee!!!!!!! NAH WAYYY" a smile creeped onto my face when I think of all the things I could ask c/n. I shake her arm furiously, "since I'm such close friends with c/n, i'll do some digging around and play truth or dare to help you~ Leave it to me to see if c/n likes you!" I dramatically said to y/n, poor kid, she's so oblivious. I thought. Y/n's face turned beet red, "you better not be so obvious!!!! She's going to see right through it!" Y/n huffed, " I know you well enough that you will rant and give away information!"

"reeelaax I'm not going to be like that, just going to ask what she thinks of you and ask her in truth or dare if she likes anyone~ It's not that hard~" I played around. y/n sighed in defeat.
"She- actually never mind." Of course I wanted to know what she was going to say but.. c/n! She couldn't have told her already !!! I should find her just in case , I thought.

silly c/n~

silly c/n~
never Lauren . Neverrrrr🔪🔪🔪
Read Thursday 6:09pm

Friday 12:04 am
Lauren
Hey gurlieeeeeeeee
Where are you I'm looking for you
delivered.

Huh. I guess c/n is still eating lunch. Bummer. So I texted Em

Partner in crime 💪💪

Partner in crime 💪💪
My girl's growing up so fastdjk
read Saturday 9:00am

Friday 12:09 am
Lauren
THE SHIP HAS SAILEDD
delivered.

Ugh why is everyone leaving me on delivered today??
Y/n looks at me nervously, "um... I'm not really sure no-"
"NO!! I mean, uh, I'm sure she likes you too" I said, almost blew it, oof, giving her a thumbs up to further support my statement.

c/n pov
my phone dinged during lunch, but I figured it was just y/n responding to my email. "Hey c/n!" a boy from the other class had called my name. "Uh... hi?" I said, dude. Creeeepy he knows my name. " I have a very important question" he huffs. "If you're friends with Kip I don't want any part of it" I eyed him, trying to figure out if he was either Kip's type or friend. Kip was either my friend or foe, I have to yet figure that out. Because recently she started asking about y/n and what I thought of her, I guess she and y/n are close now? I don't know if I should be happy or sad... "um. I'm friends with Kip I suppose,"
"Then I told you, I want no part of it" "let me at least ask you the question-"
"Let me guess, you were going to ask me if I like anyone right?" The ashy blonde pauses in surprise, "how did you know that's what I was going to say...?" "Because your little 'group' has been asking me the same questions over and over" I added air quotes to further emphasis my words💪.  He actually looked pretty sorry for me, "um I'll tell them to back off if you want me to..?"
"Sure. Though I doubt they'll stop lol"
C/n checked her phone, and to her surprise it wasn't Y/n. "Lauren?! Oh no she was looking for me!" c/n threw her food out and ran to recess.