Chapter 2: Freefall

So, I'm really on a roll with this story. I just started writing chapter 10 and I'm getting to the stuff I've really been looking forward to. So here's a new update for you guys! Feedback- comments,votes, suggeetions- is very much welcome!

Chapter 2: Freefall

"Memories never die." -Unknown.

The man hung up and rushed to the elevator. "JARVIS, get me to the ground floor ASAP!" he said.

"Of course, sir," said JARVIS. The elevator immediately began to move. Within seconds, the door was opening. The man rushed out and grabbed at the doorknob, then swore out loud as he realized it was locked. He picked the keys up off the ground and hastily unlocked the door. When it was unlocked, he threw it open.

He rushed to the side of the building where the girl had fallen. She was surrounded by people and the man could faintly hear sirens in the background.

She was lying on her stomach. The man could not see her face. He knew she was injured. Glass surrounded her, and she did not move.

"Clear away!" shouted the man. "Come on, get out! I'm handling this, there's nothing you guys can do to help but clear away for the ambulance and EMTs! Now go! Come on, go!"

The crowd dispersed. The man ran over to the girl. He turned her over onto her back immediately began feeling for a pulse. Blood dripped from her nose. "Kristen!" he shouted. For a second, he felt no pulse.

Suddenly, agents began pulling up. "Get back!" shouted Tony. "Let her go to the hospital! She'll be frightened if she sees you when she wakes up!"

"And how do you know this?" asked one of the agents.

"Remember the New Orleans incident? The man who took her has got the girl convinced you're the bad guys. She'll be scared half to death if she recognizes the S.H.I.E.L.D. symbol on your vans and suits and stuff."

"Agents, back in the van," said a voice. The man looked and saw Nick Fury. The agents filed back in the van. An ambulance arrived just then.

EMT's rushed to Kristen. As they picked her up, her eyes slowly opened. Unfortunately, she had awoken just as the S.H.I.E.L.D. van was about to leave.

The scenario, to an extent, was all too familiar.

"Get me down!" she cried as she was put on the stretcher. Before he could even acknowledge Director Fury, the man ran to Kristen.

"It's OK, we're here to help," he promised.

"NO!" she screamed.

The EMT's were forced to restrain the thrashing girl. The man jogged after her, to the ambulance, trying to calm down the girl.

"We're taking you to the hospital, you'll get help there," he promised.

"The bird- I saw the bird!" she screamed.

She was loaded onto the ambulance, the brown haired man holding her down so the frightened EMTs could restrain her again.

"LET ME GO!" she screamed.

"Kristen!" begged the man, squeezing her hand. "Krsiten, please, calm down. You are OK, I PROMISE."

She quit her thrashing and relaxed a little more, but she still cried.

"You gotta try not to move too much, 'cause you'll hurt yourself, more, OK?"

She nodded carefully but still cried.

The whole ambulance ride, she cried hysterically until she finally fell asleep.

********************************************************************************************