Chapter 14: Empty

Chapter 14: Empty

SO SO SO SO I PREWRITE CHAPTERS AND I JUST FINISHED WRITING THIS WWWWWHHHHHOOOLLLLLEEEE ENTIRE BOOK AND SO I WANNA GIVE YOU GUYS A SURPRISE AND I'M GONNA DO A DOUBLE UPDATE AND AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH LET ME SCREAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!

Ingraham woke up to a haze of bright lights, beeping monitors, and bustling people. She heard whispering and for minute, nothing registered in her mind. And then, she began to panic.

"Kris!" she yelled loudly, looking around. "Kristen! Mr. Coulson! Anyone?"

A heart monitor began to loudly shrill and go up as a nurse arrived. "Dear, you need to calm down," she said calmly.

"I want my sister!" she cried, struggling against the firm grip of the nurse. "Please! I want Kristen! I want her! My little Kristen, oh, what have I done?!"

The nurse hushed the girl softly and tried to calm her down. It was doing no good- Ingraham could not calm down.

"Where am I?" wailed the girl.

"In the hospital. You tried to kill yourself last night."

Ingraham stared at the nurse. "I don't remember, I-"

"You swallowed pills. You probably don't remember."

"Oh, God," wailed Ingraham. She buried her face in her hands and began to shake her head furiously. "What have I done?" she looked up at the nurse. "I need to see Kristen, I need to tell her I'm sorry, I'm a horrible person, I-"

"Please, dear, I want you to calm down-" The nurse was cut off by a wail. "If I get you your sister, will you calm down?"

Ingraham nodded quickly and desperately. "Please! Please let me see my sister!"

The nurse quickly exited as the young girl continued to sob and shake and wail.

*****************************************************************************************************

"Tony," whimpered Kristen, "is she OK?"

"I haven't heard anything," whispered Tony.

Kristen buried her face into the nook of Tony's neck again. She sat next to him on a couch, snuggled close to him for comfort. He had been doing his very best to reassure the young girl, but she couldn't seem to stop worrying. It worried Tony, too.

Agent Browning leaned over to give the young girl a gentle kiss. "You'll be OK, honey," she whispered.

"It's not me I'm worried about, it's Ingraham. Tony, is she gonna die?"

"She won't die, Kris," promised Tony. "She will be just fine, and she'll come back home soon. And when she is, we will find Malarkey, and when we are done with him, we can go back to my tower and live there. Does that sound good?"

Kristen nodded and closed her eyes. She softly whimpered now and then as Tony ran his hands through her hair. As she softly cried and shook, she felt a firm grip on her and knew it was Tony comforting her.

"She'll be OK, Kris," whispered Agent Browning.

She slowly opened her eyes and looked up to Tony. "If she dies," she whispered softly, "I have no one. No family except my monster of a father. No one."

"But you won't lose her. And you'll have me, and Steve, and Agent Browning, and the rest of us. Hey, that doesn't mean she will die. But you have us, too."

"I know," sighed Kristen. "But she's my sister. And it's my fault she did this. I yelled at her, said I hated her. She wouldn't have done it if it weren't for me, Tony."