Chapter 19: Raided

Chapter 19: Raided

Gosh it'sbeen wway too long since I updated! Sorry about that. I've been MEGA busy. So, enjoy. NOT EDITED

Agent Browning stood staring, for a while, at the bustling agents before her, preparing the jets with all the medical supplies and weapons. No one bothered to pester her into helping; they had been warned against it. Those who knew what was going on with her avoided upsetting her, giving her a hard time, not because they were afraid her powers would reveal themselves and possibly get them hurt- but because they understood what she was going through.

Her mind was in turmoil. Her thoughts were filled with what if's and fears. She imagined the ways her powers would show themselves; she worried about what her powers might be and how they would affect her. But the loving, caring side inside of her was not shut out. She still thought of Kristen, and saving her and helping her.

Agent Coulson came up behind her. "We need to go now," he said softly.

Agent Browning nodded. She was eager to help the girl. So she calmed the turmoil, turned off the dreams and thoughts in her mind, and put them away in a corner to be accessed later- in her sleep.

She entered the jet. She sat down on one of the couches. Her mind thought of Kristen; how she hoped to see her; how she hoped to help her. She thought of the technology she and Fitz had developed that would scan Kristen and Ingraham and diagnose any issues; she thought of all the work put into it and how proud she was of it, especially when it was able to pick up the alien genes in Daisy's blood. When Pietro had sprained an ankle (how, she did not know), the machine diagnosed it (Pietro healed on his own quickly). It was working wonderfully.

Agent Browning smiled softly when Fitz sat next to her. "I never told you good job for your work on the scanning device," he smiled. He had not bothered to name it; he said he wanted to wait until Simmons was back- she'd be able to come up with a good name.

"You did the work too," said Agent Browning.

"But you helped," pointed out Fitz, "and you did well."

"Well, I did originally major in science before I got into the field," she smiled.

"How's that feel? Going from a scientist to going around and working outside a lab more often I mean."

"Odd. But I love what I do here in the field, and I'm not very highly ranked, so I assume I won't be called out much. Gives me time in the lab."

"How high ranking do you hope to get?"

"I'm not sure- but I don't want to spend all my time out in the field, for sure." Agent Browning thought. "If I were to get... Powers that would be helpful in the field, maybe I'd work less in the lab, use my powers out in the field and do some good. I just fear- well, what if my powers are bad? You know... Dangerous."

"Daisy was dangerous, but look at her now. She's doing quite well, you know. Helping people, you see. She can help you, and then you can do some good- you can help people too. If you care to, I mean."

"Well, I'm not going over to the dark side, that's for sure," laughed Browning. "But I don't know. It depends on a lot of things. And by the way, I think you did a good job on the scanner too."

"Thank you."

At that moment, Tony was making sure his Iron Man armor was all ready for battle. He planned on blasting down as many walls as he could and shooting as many people as it took to get Kristen back.

The others were readying themselves- Clint prepared his bow and loaded his quiver. Natasha polished and loaded her gun. Cap held onto his shield, adorning his star spangled uniform. The Vision was ready, the twins stood waiting, Sam and James stood eager.