Chapter 17: Search

Chapter 17: Search

Daisy typed away, mumbling to herself. She had another computer next to her, where she was typing in all the places the man had gone to and departed from. She furiously mumbled to herself when she would find places with no importance- the store, a restaurant, a gym or two.

"I found his home address," she called after an hour. "It's where he goes most often, and the destination is set as home."

"Good," smiled Coulson. "I'll send some agents over there to see if they can find anything. Keep looking, Daisy. Quick question, though- did he not have a destination set that he was travelling to?"

"No," said Daisy. "I'm guessing he was either following someone or he remembered how to get there."

"Alright- well, look for a destination set as work. And if you can't, look for his most frequent destination and route, not including the one to his home. And check places he has left when heading to his house."

"Coulson, I'm already on all that," smiled Daisy. "I'm just busy entering them all into this program that will put dots on a map of all the places he's been. Then I can look into the said places, the area around it, and determine if he might have worked there. See, here we have his house. He's obviously been to a lot of places within a 30 mile radius- restaurants, gyms, the works. And then there are 3 or 4 locations OUTSIDE of his circle- as I call it- that he has been to quite frequently. They have to be work related. I'm checking there first."

"Good," said Coulson. "Write down his home address for me, and I'll send some men out there."

Daisy grabbed a piece of paper and jotted down the address for Coulson. "Will you be going with them?" she asked.

Coulson nodded.

Daisy smiled. "Well, good luck getting in and stuff. By the way, I looked up a lot on this dude. He has no wife."

"How do you know who he is?"

"Facial recognition, ran the plates, and looked into the GPS to see who it was registered to."

"What would we do without you, Daisy?" laughed Coulson. "Thank you."

"Hey!" called Daisy as the man was about to leave. He turned to face her.

"Yeah?" he asked.

"When do you think you'll be back?"

"I'm not sure."

"Alright. See ya, Coulson."

Coulson left. Daisy continued her work, looking for places that might be worth investigating. She had been doing this for a few minutes when someone knocked softly on the door.

"Come in!" called Daisy, not looking up from her work.

Agent Browning came in and sat in a chair on the other side of the table, across from Daisy.

"Agent Johnson," she said quietly.

Daisy looked up. "Just call me Daisy." The young women paused when she noticed the woman's worried, troubled face. "Hey, what's wrong?"

"I- you know how they took out the guards, right?"

"Yeah," nodded Daisy. "Terrigen Crystals. By the way, I still don't understand how they got them."

Agent Browning stared down at her hands. "Daisy," she whispered, "I was out there with those guards when they came, when they threw the crystals...."

Daisy looked at Agent Browning with shock. "Browning... Browning, what happened?"

"Something weird happened when that mist took over, and I could tell I was stuck in something. I- I broke out of this big clump of rock, and when I tried to get the others out, they crumbled. And I remembered what you had said, about how you turned. Daisy, I'm Inhuman. I survived the terrigen mist. But I don't know what my powers are, and I'm afraid I'll figure out the bad way."