Rain: Met x Lobco

CW: 

Lobco had a tendency to look the most at home when the rain poured in Ne-no-Kuni. She'd noticed it the first time they'd been together while it rained, her natural beauty and homesick eyes staring longingly into the dark cloudy sky. Met on the other hand wore her biker helmet as if her undead life depended on her avoiding as much rain as possible. The air was cold and the rain stormed down onto them, the force of the rain droplets jumping up after touching the ground. Placidly the DJ wondered what had caused the Devil Lord so much anguish. 

The two women were drenched completely, and although Met enjoyed watching Lobco bask in the streams draining from the sky, she shivered with distaste at the feeling of the rain splattering on the path of bare skin at the back of her neck. At this rate, she was bound to catch a cold. Her friend, though, seemed to pay no mind. Lobco was to busy enjoying the one reminder of her home. 

Met's nose tickled for a moment before a dramatic sneeze escaped her. Her head flying forward with the force of her sneeze, smacking itself into the shield on her helmet. Lobco gkanced at her, concern written over her features, golden eyes big. Met waved her hand dismissively.

"I'm okay, just cold," the ghost told her. 

"I didn't know spirits could get cold," Lobco commented softly, giving Met a small warm smile that fit her gentle features well.

The eccentric DJ smiled back. "The more you know, I guess." She shivered again. Her hair was so wet she swore she could feel it seeping up into her helmet. 

Lobco watched her a moment before turning her gaze back up to the sky longingly. "We could go back inside and enjoy the rain beside a window," she suggested. 

Met flashed a big grin. Her heart felt ecstatic with the knowledge that Lobco would look out for her. "Sure, I can set up a few blankets." 

The mansion was quiet as they walked through the entryway, the normal bustle occupying Met's home missing. Lobco was led to a large window at the back side of the mansion, a window seat already adorned with soft looking pillows were piled into one corner sat inviting the two to rest. The shrimp settled on the seat timidly, making herself as small as possible. Her gentle gaze scanning her surroundings before glancing to the window where rain pattered against the glass. 

"Want me to go grab those blankets?" Met asked, smiling. 

Lobco shook her head. "It's pretty warm in here, but if your still cold feel free."

Met hopped onto the window seat happily, shimmying herself so close to Lobco that she could almost be sitting in her lap. She squeaked in surprise, her eyes widening at the ghost. "It's okay, I can just use your body heat, if that's okay?"

She nodded, timidly wrapping her arms around Met and holding her close. The coolness of the DJ's skin was refreshing to the touch and she smiled softly. Lobco's eyes fixed themself on the rain splattering against the window pane, the dreary looking sky reminding her of the waters of her home. She wasn't sure how much time had passed but her body had grown sore from where she sat, and Met had began entertaining herself with humming unknown melodies to the rhythm of the rain. 

"Thanks for having me over so often as of late," the shrimp mumbled, eyes still trained on the pouring rain.

Met nodded against her. "Yeah it's no issue, I think you're really cool."

"Really?" 

"Yeah." Met shifted her body so she was face to face with Lobco, her large eyes flitted down to her lips before locking with the shrimp's. 

Her cheeks darkened from the eye contact, and she glanced back at the window nervously, not a single syllable slipping past her lips as she avoided the ghost's gaze. The movement of Met's hand reaching out towards her face was caught in Lobco's peripheral and she moved her head back quickly.