Love is a stranger

"Mom? Dad?" Max yelled switching the lights on.

"We got a new cat!" Dani yelled also. "Mom?"

"Well I guess they're still partying, come on in." Max said to Samara.

They put Dani to bed and she started talking to Binx, telling him about his new life as a fat cat. Causing both Max and Samara to laugh.

She turned to Max and laid gently on him with the duvet cover, making him smile and rest his head on hers. But about 3 hours later she woke to a strange noise. Her movement cause Max to also awaken. They awkwardly smiled at their position.

"Hi." Max said coyly.

"Hi." Samara replied, getting out from the covers. "Oh, my God. It's 5:00. Allison is gonna kill me." Knowing her friend will be worried of her whereabouts, she hurriedly got up and grabbed her jacket. "I should go."

"I wish you could stay." Max said tiredly. Which cause he to stop and smile at him.

"Don't we all." She said smirking at him and raising an eyebrow. "Poor Binx." She said noticing Dani.

"Yeah. Poor Binx" max replied. "We owe him a lot."

"Yeah." She said quietly.

"Look, can we find some kind of way to help him?" Max asked her.

"The book" she suggested sneakily. It should work a little bit. Like Binx said, she's a witch. "The witches used it to put the spell on him. Maybe a witch could use it to reverse it." She explained.

"I don't know. Binx told us not to open it." Max said unsure.

"Well, the witches are dead. What harm could it do?" She reassured him.

"Well, just be careful." He told her.

"I will." She responded smiling, again. She seemed to be doing that a lot round Max Dennison. If you would of asked her yesterday about him, she wouldn't actually know who it could be. If she did, she knew little. 

"Hold my hand" she asked him, he instantly held it. "Nothing weird so far." She said opening the book. She finally found a page that might help. "Oh, listen to this. Only a circle of salt can protect thy victims from thy power." She quoted, both of them turning to each other with the knew information. They were frightened a screech shut the book. "We were just trying to help you." She said.

"Well don't." Binx scratched at them. "Nothing good can come from this book. You got it?" He reprimanded.

"Maybe we should go now." Max suggested, Samara agreeing and leaving the book with Binx. They were by the stairs when Max decided to look for his parents once more shouting into their room, to no avail.

"They're still not home. That's weird. Must be having a great time." Max said, not really sure why his parents were out this long.

"I don't know. Somethings not right." Samara said, she felt it in her gut. "I'd feel a lot safer walking home if we had some salt."

Max went into the kitchen due to her suggestion, to find some salt. "Salt" he said grinning passing it down, which she caught with ease. "What's it say?"

"It says, form a circle of salt to protect from Max Dennison." She joked.

"Wait. What?" He said his eyes widening.

"I'm joking to protect from zombies, witches and old boyfriends." She said looking over at him.

"Right, what about new boyfriends?" Max asked her. She took the hint, both leaning in closet about to kiss but the sound of glass breaking stopped them. "Dani?" Max said, causing them both to sprint up the stairs.

They found the three witches alive with Dani and the book in their grasp, causing Samara to waft salt around in a circle.

"What a clever little witch." Winifred said, knowing they couldn't get in, but Samara wouldn't be able to get out either. "But it will not save thy friends. No. Come, sisters. The candles magic is almost spent. Dawn approaches." Winnie said escaping out out the top window.

"Dani? Dani." Samara said walking towards the exploded window, luckily the explosion blew the salt away. "Dani!" She yelled out watching the girl be taken away. "Max! Max. Wake up." She said moving the drum kit off him. They both heard Sarah's melodic voice luring all the children.

"Do you reckon you sound like that?" He questioned.

"Yes if I try, really hard, I'm sure. Now let's go get Dani back." She quipped.