Chapter 2: THE LITTLE THINGS

3:47 PM

On her way back to Westview, Wanda encountered multiple opportunities to help others. Although she was not in any shape nor had much time to do anything right now, she couldn't just pass by small things like giving a homeless man some food or helping an old man cross the road. While she was passing by a neighborhood, she saw a girl trying to save her cat out of a tree. A classic.

Wanda: I guess I still got time.

She flew to the girl and greeted her in a kind, playful tone.

Wanda: Hello, I'm Wanda. What's your name?

The girl was awestruck at Wanda flying above her with her majestic outfit and red glowing hands.

Girl: Woooow! You're so cool.

That remark made her chuckle briefly.

Wanda: I see your cat got himself in a situation.

The cat hissed at her, but Wanda quickly calmed him down as she came closer.

Wanda: It's okay... It's okay... Come here. I'm not gonna hurt you.

The animal felt a calming sensation the closer she came. As if it immediately felt security in her presence. Out of nowhere, the cat jumped in her arms.

Wanda: There you go little guy.

She descended to the ground and handed the cat over to the girl.

Girl: That was amazing! How did you do that, miss?

Wanda: I... Don't really know to be honest.

She thought back at the time she helped a squirrel on the Island and how all the animals protected her against Kang's rogue TVA agents. (*Read Avengers: Incursion War for context*)

Wanda: Animals tend to form a connection with me, I guess.

The girl kept looking at her with great interest, not really listening to a word Wanda was saying.

Girl: You look very pretty.

Wanda felt a heartwarming sensation by hearing those words. She just realized nobody ever called her pretty in her entire life.