Chapter 6: WEDDING BLUES

Feel free to add commentary while you read. I appreciate every single comment dearly.

7:25 PM

The limo finally halted in front of the venue, just beyond the city limits. Wanda, overwhelmed with astonishment, had no clue it would turn out to be a genuine venue, let alone one of such extravagance.

Wanda: Are... We at the right place? This isn't where Vision said--

Clint: Yup, this is the place.

Wanda: But--

Clint: Hey... don't worry. Everything is under control.

Clint helped her out of the vechile and Professor X (Charles) spoke to someone on comms in his ear to let them know Wanda has arrived.

Professor X: She has arrived. Is everyone ready?

She finally entered the building, where Professor Xavier (Charles) waited for her along with Erik.

Erik: Daughter.

Wanda: Dad.

Professor X: Ms Maximoff, welcome.

Wanda: What are you doing here?

Professor X: Well among one other thing, the real reason is to keep this wedding away from the public eye.

Wanda: How?

Professor X: I'm using my telepathy to give everyone around the area a mental block. In other words, they won't turn their attention to this place. Their minds won't even be able to conceive a thought regarding this place.

Wanda: That's... Is that really necessary? I mean it's just me and Vision. Nobody knows.

Erik: It was my decision. Too keep you safe.

Professor X: You'll understand soon enough. Just walk through that door.

The nerves hit once again as she looked at the door.

Wanda: I don't know if I'm ready.

Erik held out his arm.

Erik: Don't worry, I'm right here with you.

Wanda: You'll... Walk me down the aisle?

Erik: I might not have been there for you in your life, but I am here for you now. What, you thought I'd let you walk down that aisle all alone? What kind of father would I be?

Her eyes sparkled with a heartfelt mix of gratitude and joy as she tightly clutched his arm, expressing a depth of emotion that words could barely capture.

Wanda: Thank you, dad.

The wedding march started playing.

Wanda: Vis even included a wedding march?

Erik: We better get in there.