Chapter 11: DARKER THAN SCARLET

CHAPTER 11
DARKER THAN SCARLET

While Wanda endured agonizing torment in the raft, subjected to unspeakable horrors and violated through cruel experiments. Substances coursing through her veins, and DNA sampled ruthlessly extracted, leaving no part of her untouched, Vision and her brother raced in a desperate quest at immense speeds across the globe, searching for the kidnapped children, completely ignorant to what was happening to Wanda at the raft.

Vision and Pietro returned to Westview after a long day of searching. Pietro seethed with anger as he tore through the house in a frenzied rage. Exhausted, he collapsed on the couch, shattered and breathless. Vision appeared defeated, shoulders slouched and head lowered.

Pietro: Find anything?

Vision: Today, I finally understand the torment she endured all those lonely years. The knowledge that you have the power to do something about it, yet destiny cruelly thwarts your every effort.

Pietro: None of this should have happened! It's all my fault!

Vision: How can it be your fault?

Pietro: I failed her when she needed me. None of this would have happened if I never died!

Vision: Indeed. None of this would have transpired. She wouldn't have fallen in love with me, never mourned my temporary... demise... Westview wouldn't exist, and our family would be non-existent.

Pietro: I didn't mean it like that.

Vision: I understand what you meant. However, dwelling on hypothetical pasts won't alter our present circumstances. We must confront the reality before us.

Pietro: What about time travel then?

Vision: While time travel is a reality, it's a path I would never take. Changing the past often begets catastrophic consequences.

Pietro: What could be worse than this?

Vision: The unraveling of the very fabric of spacetime itself. (*Watch Loki Season 2*)

Pietro: ...Oh...

Vision: The ability to rob a bank doesn't justify doing so. The same applies to time travel.

Pietro: Then what can we do? I have no answers! Tell me!

Vision: I... don't know. But whatever abducted the children may be linked to the accusations against Wanda. Investigating that connection might be our starting point.

Pietro: We can't launch a solo investigation! The children are missing, and who knows what they're going through as we speak! If they are even still alive! We must find them, now!

Vision: I share your urgency, but we must gather information to narrow our search. You see how far we got trying to do it blindly.

Pietro: So, what? Break into S.W.O.R.D?

Vision: We must act discreetly. They must remain unaware of our presence. We need to see the footage ourselves. Perhaps there's something they missed. If there is, I can find it.

Pietro: You wanna check the surveillance.

Vision: I dread looking at it, but there is no choice.

The X-Mansion

Erik (Magneto) woke up in the lower level of the building, laying on a comfortable bed in an empty room that was covered in silver. The door was shaped like an X just like all the rooms in this level of the mansion. It took him a while to come to his senses, but immediately knew what happened to him.