Chapter 4: MIRROR MIRROR ON THE WALL

5:32 PM

The X-Mansion
Xavier's school for gifted youngsters

Some of the X-men were sitting in the living room while the television in the background was broadcasting breaking news about what just occured in New York, painting Wanda as the bad guy

(To understand how the X-men are now in the MCU, read Avengers Incursion War for context.)

The tv was suddenly turned off by Pietro who was visibly angry.

One of Wanda's children, Tommy, looked at him with concern.

Tommy: Uncle P? Is mom going to be okay?

Professor X: Don't worry about your mom, kid. She's stronger than you think. And we'll do everything we can to keep her safe.

Pietro (Quicksilver): It doesn't help that these... stupid humans always try to make her the bad guy! None of this would've happened if they just left her alone!

Cyclops: She destroyed four cop cars and a WHIH helicopter.

Pietro (Quicksilver): She said it wasn't her.

Cyclops: Yeah. It sounds like Transia all over again, doesn't it?

Pietro (Quicksilver): Don't you dare mention Transia.

Storm: This world will never accept us mutants. No world will. After today It's only a matter of time before they hate us all over again.

Professor X: Have faith. I think things will turn out for the better, but for her... That's a different story. We have to protect her. By all means.

Jean Grey: You think she'll end up like I have. Is that what you're trying to say?

Professor X: Humans' disdain for mutant kind is just a small part in their fear of Wanda. She's arguably one of the most powerful beings in the entire multiverse... And considering what she's done, and that she's still a suspect to many regarding the incident at Transia... From an outside point of view... It will take something extraordinary to make them accept her. She needs our support. And frankly, yes, Jean, we cannot let this turn into another Dark Phoenix situation.

(*Read The Midnight Suns Chapter 6: Finale, for clues about what could've happened at Transia*)

Jean Grey: But we know she couldn't possibly have done it... could she?

Professor X: At Transia? No. We've been over this. Considering the state she was in after what happened... It wasn't her... It can't be.

Chills ran down his body just thinking about what he saw. He was in disbelief that Wanda would do something like that.