Chapter 10: A DAY IN THE RAFT

CHAPTER 10
A DAY IN THE RAFT

In the cold, desolate cell, Wanda huddled in a corner, feeling crushed, lost, and engulfed in sorrow

In the cold, desolate cell, Wanda huddled in a corner, feeling crushed, lost, and engulfed in sorrow. Her arms were immobile, restrained and helpless. Every attempt to beg the guards for answers resulted in a jolt of pain from the collar around her neck, silencing any communication. Time dragged on, an endless torment, with no respite or knowledge of her children's well-being. She remained trapped, abducted into this abyss of hopelessness, unaware of the reasons behind her grim fate.

She was a mess. Her eyes were blood red from both tiredness and tears. She was still trying to process what happened at S.W.O.R.D and the conversation with Strange at the sanctum the night before. What he told her was beginning to make sense, and it frightened her. When another guard walked by, she scooted over to the transparent cell door and tried to speak with him softly with hesitation.

Wanda: Please... just listen. P-please.

She saw the guard reaching for a button while she pleaded in a shaky voice.

Wanda: No no no Wait! Wait! Wait! Don't do that again. Please just listen!

She then felt another electric shock on her neck, surging through the rest of her body. When it stopped, she tried to continue in desperation.

Wanda: Please! Just tell me where my children are!

But she was electrocuted once more, for a second longer than before. She didn't have any energy to raise her voice, but she continued nevertheless.

Wanda: I'm a human being... I'm... I'm scared.

The guard shocked her again.

Wanda: I just n--

She felt another zap through her neck.

Wanda: I... Need the bathroom...

The relentless shocks punctuated her words, leaving her with a simple question, her final attempt to bridge the chasm of uncertainty.

Wanda: ... W-why?

Another shock coursed through her, prompting her to cease her efforts to communicate. She sank onto the unforgiving floor, lips trembling, tears welling in her eyes. The sensation of physical powerlessness engulfed her. Her abilities, once transcendent, were utterly nullified in this place, intensifying her confusion.

After enduring more hours, the cell door creaked open, revealing multiple guards. A brutal kick to her ribs met her as she was laying defenseless on the ground.

"Up, inmate!"

They grabbed her with force and took her out of the cell.

Wanda: W-what's happening?