Chapter 15: THE ESCAPE

Following the chaos wrought by Magneto's brief attempt to save Wanda, the Raft settled back into its grim routine. Wanda found herself once again subjected to the horrors of the doctor's experiments, each session more degrading and agonizing than the last. Stripped of any semblance of dignity, helplessly bound to an upright cold steel table, her body bare and exposed to the doctor's whims. She could do nothing but endure as he probed and prodded. Wanda was at a breaking point. Wishing for anything but this. Her eyes were shut tight and she just wished that it was all a dream. She was convinced that she was about to die if he didn't stop. When her heart rate increased to over 250 bpm, her powers burst out of her once again and the doctor stopped for a few minutes. He activated a device that extracted the surge of power that released within her and she nearly fainted.

Dr. Vohndum: There we go.

She coughed uncontrollably and her body was shaking continuously without stopping. She didn't feel like herself anymore. She didn't feel human anymore.

Wanda: P-p-please... St... s... stop.

Dr. Vohndum: It's okay. It's over for now. Just take deep breaths. I'll slow down for a few minutes.

Wanda: I-I'm... I'm d-d... Dying.

He brushed a strand of her hair away from her face, but she rebelled against it by turning her face away from him.

Wanda: I c-can't... take... m-more...

The doctor walked to his workbench and opened the centrifuge to put another vial inside.

Dr. Vohndum: I know you must hate me for what I did. And I don't think you can ever be the same after this. But I wish that mattered. I needed every inch of your DNA for this to work, and you had to be conscious in the process.

Wanda: I-I... I-I'm... a human being!

Dr. Vohndum: As I said. I truly wish that mattered.

With a chilling calmness, he wheeled the steel table closer, forcing Wanda to witness the grotesque display of vials filled with various forms of her very essence harvested from her body. Her stomach churned with revulsion and shame. Every aspect of her was put on display inside the centrifuge that held a total of 13 vials. The sight was unbearable, a violation of her very being that made her feel degraded to less than an animal.

Dr. Vohndum: Today the last vial is finally filled.

He picked one up out of the centrifuge and showed it to her.

Dr. Vohndum: This one you might recall... Took me two hours to obtain.

She felt mortified when she recalled those two hours. She wanted to look away, but the chains of her captivity held her in place, leaving her feeling sick to her core. She then beheld a machine storing the red chaos energy that was also extracted from her.

Dr. Vohndum: This machine is simply a device used to extract and contain the power within you. The real machine is much much larger than this, and will be completely powered by the chaos energy that I extracted from your little bursts of varying emotions. Ranging from psychological trauma such as fear and sadness to confusion and mortification and many more, including emotional responses from physical and electrical stimulation of various forms. Each emotion brought out a different form of chaos energy, and when combined it can become unstable, but extremely powerful if it can be controlled.