Chapter 5: LIKE FATHER LIKE DAUGHTER

Some Time Ago

Poland

Fueled by desperation and urgency, Erik (Magneto) hastily gathered the necessary belongings inside their cabin in the woods. The weight of imminent exposure pressing upon him. Magda, his pregnant wife, Wanda's birth mother, stood before him, attempting to grasp the unfolding situation while Nina, their 7 year old daughter, was in her room upstairs.

Magda: You did a good thing! You saved that man!

Erik: That's not the point. If I'm exposed, we're all exposed.

Magda gripped his shoulders in desperation.

Magda: This is our home. This is our daughter's home.

She gently touched her stomach, feeling Wanda and Pietro inside.

Magda: This is their home.

Erik: We are their home... I told you who I was the first time we met. I trusted you then. I am trusting you now... We can't stay here anymore. The twins don't deserve to grow up without their father. If not for me, do it for them.

Magda struggled to absorb the harsh reality. She eventually kissed him.

Magda: I'll get Nina.

In a panicked rush, Magda hurried to Nina's room.

Magda: Sweetheart?

But Nina was gone. A sudden realization struck her, and panic took hold as she ran back to Erik.

Magda: She's not in her room. And I didn't see her out the back.

Erik: No...

They raced outside, desperately calling Nina's name. Their search led them to the woods where they encountered police, armed with wooden bows, holding Nina hostage.

 Their search led them to the woods where they encountered police, armed with wooden bows, holding Nina hostage

Erik: Nina! Nina, are you alright?

Cop: She's fine.

Magda: Then let her go!

Cop: We will. We just wanted to have a word... Some guys at the factory said they saw something today. Something that didn't add up.

Erik: Where are your guns and badges?

Cop: No metal.