Chapter 14: THE TURNING POINT

CHAPTER 14
THE TURNING POINT

Two days later

Agent Leopold Fitz and Gemma Simmons both woke up in their apartment, with no recollection of anything that happened in the last couple of days, while Vision and Pietro both woke up on the floor of the underground S.H.I.E.L.D. base, remembering everything. Magneto (Erik) was nowhere to be found. Vision woke up first and looked around, seeing destruction everywhere. Everywhere except the computer, showing the Nexus ad. He walked towards Pietro and shook him awake with an electric pulse on his fingers.

Vision: Pietro.

Pietro: I'm up I'm up! Where are we? Wait we're still here?

...

He looked around and tried removing the sleep from his eyes.

Pietro: How long was I out? And where's my father?

Vision: Erik is gone. But I don't recall him being taken. And we were out for two days.

Pietro: Two days!? We were asleep for two days!? What about the others? The scientists...

Vision: Both gone. I believe they're... Not with us anymore.

Pietro: You mean they're dead.

Vision: ... Yes.

Pietro: Killed by Wanda.

Vision: That was not my wife.

Pietro: How can we know for sure? It looked exactly like her. Maybe... maybe we got this all wrong... Mabe she really was the one who did all this. At transia... at S.W.O.R.D... all of it.

It pained him to say this.

Pietro: Maybe the exposure to the darkhold came back to haunt her, and she turned mad.

Vision: Don't say that--

Pietro: Don't say what!? The truth!? MY SISTER IS GONE!

He grabbed Vision's shoulders and broke down.

Pietro: SHE'S GONE! MY SISTER IS GONE! AND SHE'S NOT COMING BACK!!

Vision: Pietro... Pull yourself together. I know what we saw was very convincing. And I have so many doubts myself... But we cannot figure this out when we are too emotionally driven. I still think there is more to this, and we have to figure it out if it's all we do for the rest of our lives.

Pietro sat on his knees with his head looking down.

Pietro: Is this how she felt...? When she lost me?

...

Pietro: If that monster that attacked us really is my sister... If she's the one doing all this... She's not there anymore. My sister would NEVER do any of what we saw her do. You realize we're gonna have to k-... we're gonna have to...