Thunder In Paradise - Max Thunderman S1P3

A rewrite of the episode "Thunder in Paradise, Part One" from The Thundermans. This is related to the last Max Thunderman one shots and is part of a mini series. 

3rd Person POV:

The Thundermans, minus Phoebe, sat in their living room, arguing yet again. This time, they were trying to figure out where to go on vacation.

"Paris!"

"No, Italy!"

"No, London!"

Everyone was talking at once, only adding to the headache Max already had.

Max's POV:

I groaned and pressed my fingers to my temples. I had already used my powers a little bit today, so now I suffered the consequences; chest pain AND a headache. I hadn't realized my problems with my powers were this intense. And of course, I hadn't told Phoebe. She had already betrayed me once in the past week, and I figured she would do it again if I told her.

"Guys, shut up!" I finally exclaimed.

My entire family looked at me like I was crazy.

"Max!" My mom exclaimed.

"Sorry, but this arguing is giving me a headache!" Or at least making it worse, I thought to myself.

Suddenly, Phoebe walked through the door. "Hey Chloe, come over here," she whispered.

I frowned. Phoebe was acting weird. She talked to Chloe for a second, then grabbed her hand.

"Hey, I'm going to take Phoebe to Hawaii!" Chloe blurted out.

"Chloe!" Phoebe hissed. She obviously did not want the rest of the family to know that detail.

"Hawaii is a great vacation spot," Dad said, standing up.

"We should go!" Nora exclaimed.

"Yeah!" The rest of the family agreed.

"Looks like we're going to Hawaii!" Dad exclaimed.

I groaned as they all screamed in excitement. It was going to be a long trip.

✼❀✬✡︎

"Welcome to Hawaii!" A girl told me, putting a lei over my head.

I gave her a tight smile. During the plane ride, my headache had ceased, but my chest pain was still there. I needed to sleep it off. That usually helped me reset so I could use my powers again. I followed my dad through the hotel doors, hoping that we could go to the room so I could get some sleep.

I glanced over at Phoebe, who was still reading about Hawaiian volcanos. I didn't have enough energy to tease her, so she got really lucky about that. I followed Dad over to the front desk, waiting patiently while he got the information for our room. Then, we headed back over to the others.

"Let's go to the beach!" Nora said happily.

"Yeah!" Billy agreed. "I want to make a sand castle!"

I sighed, but reluctantly followed them to the beach, wishing I could be anywhere except there.

✼❀✬✡︎

"Here you guys go, do some stuff, I'll be back soon," Phoebe said rapid-fire, handing us some brochures.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa," I said. "Where are you going?"

"Yeah, Phoebe. These are perfect family activities, we should do it as a family!" Mom told her.

I could see the rage in Phoebe's eyes. I chucked quietly to myself. Maybe I wasn't the only one who could make her pay for what she did.

"I want to go kite surfing," Nora announced.

"Me too!" Billy agreed.

"But mommy, I wanna do arts and crafts," Chloe said sadly.

Mom looked torn on who to please. Thankfully, Dad helped her out.

"Why don't we take Chloe to the craft hut and Max and Phoebe can take Billy and Nora kite surfing?" He suggested.

"Ok, but behave yourselves, please," Mom told us.

Next thing I knew, Billy, Nora, and I were all in wet suits, waiting for the instructor to let us try kite surfing. I didn't think it was fair that Phoebe didn't have to participate, just watch, when I had problems that I needed to deal with. But of course, she didn't care, because I was super mad at her and she could care less what happened to me at the moment. 

I watched Billy step onto the kite surf. One second, the instructor was teaching him how to hold on properly. The next, Billy was out in the ocean. 

"Billy!" Nora screamed. "Come back!"

"Thankfully it's not shark season! Uhhhhh, bye!" The instructor said, then ran away at full speed. 

What the- My thoughts were cut off as Nora grabbed me and started shaking me. 

"Max! We have to save him! Use your telekinesis!" She whispered. 

"Uhh... I don't think it will reach that far," I whispered back. "No one is looking, use your lasers instead."

She nodded, aiming her lasers at Billy's kite surf. The sail detached and blew away.

"Yes!" Nora exclaimed. "Oh wait, how will we get him back?!"

I sighed, but jumped into the water. I swam out to get Billy, then dragged him back to shore.

I stumbled onto the sand, gasping for breath. My chest was even tighter now, with the effort of saving Billy and swimming so fast, dragging him behind me. 

I sank to the ground, clutching my chest. I could vaguely hear Nora questioning Billy. Then, I realized that Phoebe was gone. 

"Guys, whe-where's Phoebe?" I panted.

Nora and Billy looked around. 

"There! She's on that ATV!" Billy exclaimed. "Max, go get her!"

I slowly made my way over to the ATV rental shack. "Hey, I need an ATV. Charge to Hank Thunderman."

I jumped onto the closet one, not bothering to grab a helmet. I sped off, following Phoebe's tire tracks. 

After a while, I got close enough that I could use heat breath to melt her tires. I hesitated, but figured that I would be worth it to use my powers. I breathed my superpower onto the tire. It immediately melted and Phoebe jumped off. I quickly followed suit. 

"Really, Max? I was going to a volcano! I swear, if you get in my way one more time, I will seriously kill you!" She said, fuming. 

"Wh-whats wrong with you?" I whispered. "You've been acting strange all week."

"Nothing's wrong with me. Something is wrong with you." Phoebe replied.

"I know." I looked down.

She chuckled evilly. "Say goodbye, Maxy."

"What? What are you-" I got cut off as I saw her holding a plasma sphere. Dark Mayhem's powers. The same kind that almost killed me at prom. 

Phoebe launched the sphere at me. I screamed in pain as it threw me to the ground. I watched through hazy eyes as she hopped on my ATV and drove away.

I tried to stay awake, but eventually couldn't take the pain anymore, and fell into unconsciousness.