No Escape Part 2 - Colby Madden S1

A rewrite of "No Escape, Part 2" from The Villains of Valley View. 

Colby's POV:

I let out a relieved sigh. Celia had finally left. She was so annoying! I rested my head against the doorframe, trying to fight off my headache. I turned around as I heard the basement door open. But it wasn't anyone in my family that opened the door, it was Declan. And he was holding my villain suit and mask. 

✼❀✬✡︎

It turns out that Declan is a supervillain named Oculon who is working for Onyx and captured me to deliver me to Onyx. Great. Just great.

Onyx sat on his throne while Oculon tried to force me to bow before his leader. They had put handcuffs around my wrists, and no matter how hard I tried, I couldn't break free.

"What do you want from me?" I asked Onyx.

"You're the Chosen One," he replied. "Anything I want!"

"Well, not for long, because my family is going to save me!" I informed him.

"Exactly. When they come to save their precious son, I'll be waiting for them!" Onyx said, slamming his fist against the throne.

My eyes widened. I couldn't let my family get hurt because of me! 

✼❀✬✡︎

We were in my family's old lair. Onyx must of taken it over when we left. He had a live video camera streaming footage from Centropolis. It was displaying my brother and sister in their villain suits, walking around, probably searching for me. They shouldn't of come! Now I'd put them in danger. I needed to escape from the lair and warn them!

"Hey, Onyx!" I shouted. "You can't keep me here much longer! I have multiple powers that can help me escape! Later!"

I turned and was about to use my invisibility to escape, but Onyx used his powers to immobilize me from the shoulders down. 

"Patience," he clicked his tongue. "In time, you will obey my orders."

I glared at him and struggled to escape his hold, but he was too powerful. 

✼❀✬✡︎

After a while, I realized that the handcuffs were draining all my energy. The only thing keeping me standing was Onyx's immobilization power. I watched the live stream in the lair showing my siblings fight Oculon. Onyx laughed and kept watching like it was the greatest thing he had ever seen. I really hoped Amy and Jake could beat Oculon and were going to be okay. 

Panting now, I saw Hartley appear next to Amy with my parents. She grabbed my dad's vaporizer and vaporized him. I grinned and looked at Onyx.

"Looks like Oculon got what he deserves," I smirk. "I told you my family would come for me! You will never take them down!"

"I don't have too," he said. "You will!"

He shot a red beam of mind control and my head. I tried to fight him off, but he was too strong. My mind plunged into darkness. 

It was all black.

I tried looking for the light, but Onyx was too powerful. 

I fought him harder and harder, faster and faster.

I needed to protect my family.

Family, family, family, family.

It echoed in the darkness. 

And I felt Onyx's hold evaporate.

I blinked, light burning my eyes. I groaned in pain from the struggle to get Onyx out of my head.