Captain Man x reader (Request) - Ray Manchester S1P2

This is the second part of the Captain Man x reader one shot series. 

Y/N = your name

L/N = your last name

3rd Person POV:

Henry, Jasper, and Charlotte were hanging out at River Ridge Mall in Lynchburg, Virginia. Charlotte had dragged the boys to all her favorite stores, some of which were Spencer's, JC Penney's, and Bath & Body Works. They were on their way to SeaQuest when Jasper spotted a candy store called Sugar Rush Candy Shop.

"Charlotte, look!" Jasper exclaimed. "A candy shop! Can we get some, please?"

She looked at him weirdly. "I'm not your mother, do what you want."

Jasper jumped up and down in happiness, then grabbed Henry's arm, making Henry accompany him. 

Charlotte sighed at their childishness, but reluctantly followed them, not wanting them to run around the mall on a sugar rush by themselves.

Ray's POV:    

I sighed dreamily as I thought of Y/N. She was so beautiful, and I couldn't wait to have dinner with her tonight. But then I realized something. If she kept going out with me as Captain Man, she could be in danger. Supervillains could figure out she was important to be, then kidnap her, or worse!

I knew what had to be done. I dialed Y/N's number, waiting for her to pick up. I tapped my foot impatiently, but the call went to voicemail. 

"Hey, Y/N. I'm sorry to do this to you, but something came up and I can't make it to dinner tonight. I'm so sorry. Please call me back soon," I said, then hung up.

I let out a shaky breath, knowing that cancelling on her was for the best. Suddenly, I had an idea. I could go to the Starbucks where she worked as Ray Manchester, and hope that she would fall in love with me. Then, I would invite her to dinner at Olive Garden as Ray. After, maybe, just maybe, I would reveal my superhero identity to her. 

✼❀✬✡︎

"Hey, beautiful," I said to Y/N. I was currently at Starbucks on Ward's Road, and had just caught Y/N on her break. She was sitting at one of the tables in the main area, working on her computer. 

"Um, hello," she replied, distracted. 

"How are you?" I asked.

She finally looked up, her eyes widening at the sight of me. 

"I-I'm good, thanks." She blushed. 

Reader's POV:

I shouldn't be doing this, I thought. I was in love with Captain Man! But then I remembered that he had cancelled our dinner, without any good reason. And this guy, whoever he was, was very good looking. 

"I'm Ray Manchester," he said, extending his hand.

I shook it, replying, "Y/N L/N. Where are you from?"

"Swellview," he answered without a second thought.

Huh. That was where Captain Man was from, too.

"So, what are you doing tonight, gorgeous?" Ray leaned in closer to me.

"Nothing," I answered honestly. 

"Would you like to come have dinner with me?" He asked timidly.

"Yes," I agreed, blushing. 

"Does Olive Garden work for you?" Ray said.

I nodded, smiling kindly. "I'll see you there. 6:30?"

"6:30," he confirmed, then left the building. 

I grinned happily, excited for dinner, even if it wasn't with Captain Man. 

✼❀✬✡︎

"Thank you," Ray said to our waiter.

We were currently at Olive Garden, enjoying ourselves and talking about our lives as we shared a salad and some breadsticks. I was having an amazing time. He had many questions to ask, so I hadn't had a chance to ask him anything yet.

"Enough about me," I said. "What do you do?"

"Well," he started. "I own a store called J- Jansknot?"

I frowned. That had come out more like a question, but I nodded nonetheless. 

"Okay," I shrugged. "And-"

I was cut off as the waiter came back with two fettuccine Alfredo pastas. We ate in silence for a while, then Ray grabbed a bite of pasta off my plate.

"Hey!" I exclaimed, laughing. "That's mine!"

I reached across the table to take some of his. We continued going back and forth until all the pasta was gone and we were ready to order dessert.

"I think we will share the black tie mousse cake," Ray ordered. 

The waiter nodded, then rushed away.

"I've had a lot of fun tonight." Ray turned to me. 

"Me too," I agreed. 

"I was wondering if maybe-" He bit his lip. "You would want to be my girlfriend." 

I gasped, shocked, as he pulled out flowers from under the table. They were blue orchids, my favorite. 

"Yes!" I breathed. 

He smiled sweetly, then leaned closer. And closer. And closer, until our lips were touching and we were sharing a passionate kiss. 

We broke away from each other. I brushed a finger over my lips, feeling the spark. Ray grinned and blew me a kiss as our dessert arrived. 

We ate our dessert, payed the bill, and were walking back to my apartment when Ray finally spoke. 

"Y/N, I don't want any secrets in our relationship," he said, pulling a tube of gum out of his pocket. "I'm gonna blow a bubble."

"You're gonna blow a bubble?" I repeated, confused.

"I'm gonna blow your mind," Ray smirked.

I watched in amazement as his bubble popped and he transformed into CAPTAIN MAN?!?!

"You're Captain Man!" I whispered in amazement. "Oh, I love you!"

He was shocked as I pulled him into another kiss.

He broke away, saying, "So, you're not mad at me for sorta playing you?"

"Of course not! My boyfriend is a superhero! That is so amazing!" I said honestly.

Captain Man, no, Ray, smiled sweetly and took my hand. Together, we walked hand-in-hand back to my apartment in downtown Lynchburg, feeling sparks in my fingertips. 

Thank you to everyone who is reading and requesting! It really means a lot to me.