Gone (Request) - Henry Hart S2

This takes place during the final battle between Drex, Captain Man, and Kid Danger on top of the blimp. Begins when Captain Man and Kid Danger first set foot on the blimp.

TW: Character death, injuries, slight gore

Henry's POV:

"Turn this blimp around, now!" Captain Man demanded.

"Never!" Drex snarled.

Ray looked at me, and we nodded together. I knew what had to be done.

We screamed our battle cries and lunged at Drex. Ray got to him first, punching him in the face. Drex followed by elbowing Ray in the ribs.

Ray let out a gasp of pain before I launched my body at Drex. I knocked him down, throwing punches where ever I could. Unfortunately, he was too fast for me to block him, and he kneed me in the chest. 

I let go over him, gasping. But he wasn't done. He kicked me in the ribs, then jumped on my arm.

I cried out, gasping for breath. That was even worse than when I broke my arm earlier in the year.

Ray stormed up to Drex, fuming. "Don't you touch him again!"

Drex smirked, his fist colliding with my head. I grunted as the world spun, blackness clouding my vision.

Ray screamed, grabbing a metal pipe off the floor that I hadn't even noticed before. He swung, hitting Drex on the head. Drex was immediately unconscious.

Ray ran to me, crouching by my side. "Kid, where did he get you?"

"Arm," I managed. "An-and he-head."

"Shush, don't talk," Ray whispered. "I'm going to turn this blimp around, then I'll take you straight to Schwoz, okay?"

I hummed in agreement, so he stood up and headed over to the control center. It took him a while, but he was finally able to turn the blimp around. He was screaming at Schwoz over the phone at the same time, telling him to ready the medical equipment for me.

However, Drex had somehow woken up during that time. I didn't notice him until he was right beside me. 

I'm sure the whole world heard me scream as he plunged a knife into my chest.

Ray's head whipped around, and he ran at Drex. That was the maddest I had ever seen him. He punched and kicked, as I slowly bled out on the blimp.

Hazily, I saw Ray throw Drex of the blimp, thinking, we won.

Ray fell on his knees at my side, trying to stop the bleeding, but I could tell that it was too late.

"R-Ray," I whispered. "T-thank you f-for every-everything. These past f-few years have been amazing."

"No, kid," Ray sobbed. "Don't leave me!"

"T-those other kids will make great sidekicks," I managed, thinking of Miles, Mika, Chapa, and Bose.

"You-your like a dad to me, Ray. I love you. Thank you for everything," I said quietly. 

"I love you too, kid," Ray cried, squeezing my hand. 

"T-take care of my sister," I whispered, my last thread of reality finally slipping away. 

3rd Person POV:

Ray let out a scream of despair as Henry's pulse stopped and he fell silent. 

He laid there, sobbing over the body of his sidekick. He thought of all the amazing times they had together, how much he loved his kid.

At least Henry had died fighting for what he loved; his city, his family, and his friends. Ray would always make sure that Kid Danger was never forgotten, that his legacy would continue with the other kids. Henry was right, they would make good sidekicks. 

They would never be the same as Kid Danger, and they knew it. But that didn't stop them from trying as hard as they could to protect Swellview and the people they loved.

Ray could never forget Henry, but could see him in the kids. He developed a father and child relationship with them, vowing to always protect them the way he couldn't do for Henry.

Sorry this is so sad and short. I was crying writing this. FYI, this does NOT happen in the actual show. 

Thanks to @1034412FD for this request.