Captain Man x Reader (Request) - Ray Manchester S1P1

This is a requested one shot about Captain Man x the reader, you!

Y/N = your name and y/c = your color (hair or eyes).

Ray's POV:

I glanced at Henry as the computer screen flashed an emergency message from Schwoz, who was in the front of the Man Van with Charlotte and Jasper. I had definitely NOT wanted to take Jasper, but Henry and Charlotte had insisted. 

"Hey, kid," I said. "We gotta help out at the bookstore somewhere near here."

He groaned. "It's summer! I don't want to take emergency calls during our trip!"

I guess he had a point. We had started out this road trip to relax and have fun, but really, we were just saving people and fighting crime the whole time. We were currently in some place called Lynchburg, Virginia. 

"Come on. Let's blow a bubble..." I started.

"And go fix this trouble," Henry reluctantly finished.

We both blew our bubbles and transformed into Captain Man and Kid Danger. 

"The place is called Barnes & Noble," Schwoz called from the driver's seat.

We both nodded in acknowledgement, then jump out of the van as it slowed to a stop. 

✼❀✬✡︎

I jumped forward, blocking a girl from a falling bookshelf the bad guys had pushed before they exited the bookstore, handcuffed by the local cops. I took a good look at the girl. She was older than I thought, looking only a few years younger than me. She was gorgeous. With y/c hair, y/c eyes, and a beautiful smile. I started in amazement, taking in every detail.

Reader's POV:

I gasped as I got a good look at Captain Man. He was even more handsome in person than in his pictures.

"Hello, beautiful," he smiled breathtakingly.

"H-hello," I blushed.

"What's your name?"

"Y/N," I answered shyly.

"I love your hair. It's like the most beautiful sunset you have ever seen," he murmured.

I was a little confused why he compared my hair to a sunset, but still flattered. 

"Uh, thanks," I said back.

"I would love to get to know you better," he grinned. "Would you like to come with Kid Danger and I to I-Hop and get some breakfast tomorrow morning?"

I blushed, smiling, and kindly say, "Yes. I would love to."

"That's great!" He exclaimed. "And-"

"Hey, man." OMG, it was Kid Danger! This is the BEST DAY EVER! I got saved by my hero, and his sidekick was there too!

He glanced at me. "Oh, uh... am I interrupting something?"

"No," I said at the same time as Captain Man said, "Yes!"

"Ooo-kay," Henry looked between the two of us. "We have to go, man."

"Yeah, okay," he said, still staring at me. "I'll see you tomorrow?"

"Tomorrow," I agreed. 

I squealed in happiness as they walked through the doors. How could I, a simple Starbucks' worker on Ward's Road, be invited to have breakfast with Captain Man?! I could not wait for the morning. I was going to design a special outfit just for the occasion. I was currently studying to be a fashion designer, so I could travel the world and design clothes. I was also learning martial arts so I could defend myself if any problems arose in other countries. 

✼❀✬✡︎

I looked at my refection in the mirror one last time before grabbing my purse and leaving my apartment. I had designed a beautiful blue dress, which is my favorite color. I was NOT wearing heels, thank you very much. There was absolutely NO way I could fight in those things. I also didn't want to look so fancy for breakfast at I-Hop.

I arrived at I-Hop a few minutes later, spotting Captain Man and Kid Danger in the parking lot. I approached them, smiling shyly. 

"Hey-" Captain Man started to say, then stopped to stare at me.

"Dude," Kid Danger bumped his arm. "Stop staring."

"Sorry. You look beautiful." Captain Man cleared his throat, then offered me his arm. 

Blushing, I took it, letting him lead me into the restaurant. We received lots of stares as we entered, getting a table right away.

"So," Captain Man started. "What do you do for work?"

"Oh, I work at the Starbucks' on Ward's Road, but I'm studying to be a fashion designer. I like to read, practice martial arts, and volunteer at the animal shelter in my free time," I explained.

"That's awesome!" He exclaimed. "Kid Danger and I both live in Swellview. It's pretty far from here, I guess. We have headquarters called the Man Cave under a store called Junk N' Stuff."

Kid Danger elbowed him in the ribs. 

"Oh, I wasn't supposed to tell you that." He smiled sheepishly. 

"It's okay," I said. "I won't tell anyone, I promise."

Captain Man and I stared into each other's eyes, both of us smiling happily.

"Uh, I'm gonna leave you two alone," Kid Danger said, standing up. "I'll be hanging out with-" He glanced at me. "-Tasper and... Tarlotte at River Ridge Mall if you need me.

Captain Man nodded absentmindedly and Kid Danger headed out of the restaurant. I frowned at those weird names he had just mentioned, but continued staring at the Captain.

The rest of breakfast was a blur, but I had definitely enjoyed it. I peeked at my watch, realizing that it was almost time for my shift at work.

"Captain Man, this has been amazing, but I need to head to work," I informed him.

"Wait!" He exclaimed, making me jump. "Sorry. Is there anyway I can see you again?"

"Maybe," I smiled flirtatiously. 

"How about Olive Garden, tonight after your shift?" He asked.

"Yes, of course. Text me," I said, standing up. "Thank you for breakfast! I'll see you tonight."

I hesitated, but leaned in and gave him a kiss on the cheek. I grinned as he turned bright red, then left the restaurant, still smiling. 

Thank you to @GuardianOfFaith286 for this request!