A Weasley Summer

The summer was coming to an end. Garreth and I have gotten close, also Professor Weasley helped me learn more about the power I have. I chose not to tell Garreth about my ancient magic.

"Do you feel that you're getting a better grasp on it." Professor Weasley said handing me some water.

"Yes Professor. I feel like I'm starting to understand how to use it." I said wiping sweet off my head.

"We have been over this, were not in school Zorro. I've told you to call me Matilda." She started patting my back and gave me a smile.

"Sorry Professor... I mean Matilda." It felt weird calling her by her name.

There are so many Weasleys living together I just found it easy just calling Matilda Professor Weasley. I liked being with the Weasleys, they are a nice family despite what others say about them. Even though I'm always the one to stick out whenever I'm with them. They all had read hair and freckles on their face. Not to mention my skin is darker than them, and I was on the shorter side when it came to height. Over all it was nice felling like I was a part of a family. Even if it was just for one summer. I'll be turning 17 this year at school and I'll be on my own again. Later that day I was walking with Garreth by a lake.

"What do you keep doing with my Ant Matilda so early in the morning? I woke up and saw you two walking back to the house. You can't just be going for a morning stroll that early."

"Because I came to Hogwarts so late, she's helping me with casting spells." What I told him wasn't a full lie.

"I can all ways help you. We can work on potion making together." He said wrapping his arm around me.

"I'll pass. I don't want to get trouble with your mom."

"What I did wasn't that bad. The black gunk is all cleaned up."

"From the floor not the ceiling, and your brother had to cut his hair to get it out."

"Look at it this way. If I get something in your hair it wouldn't be too bad of getting it cut. You like your hair short, but now it's gotten a little longer."

"I want to try something different." I put my fingers through my hair. "Ever since I can remember it's been short. I want to see if I might like it longer."

"I know we talked about this before, but what do you all remember before your dragon attack?"

"Not much. All I really remember is that professor Fig became my guardian over the winter before I started school. We went to America over the spring because he needed some things you can only find there. He was the one that told me about Hogwarts and how it could help me with my magic. After his passing your ant became my guardian."

"Guardian? So you're a part of our family?" He stopped and looked at me.

"I think in a sense yes. Until I'm of age. I think that's 17? Then I'll be on my own again."

"You'll never be alone." He wrapped his arms around me and pull me to him. "You are family, and we Weasley's stay together."

"Oh Garreth has a girl fried!" I heard a voice call from behind us. "I'm telling g mom." Garreth let go of me and started running after his little sister.

That night before supper two Owls came with letters. One was from Natty, she's been writing to me every other day. The second one was from Sebastian. I opened the one from Sebastian first.

Dear Zorro.

This summer feels like it's going on forever. I'm getting used to the empty house. Anne is talking to me again. She's at St Mungo's, they are making her as comfortable as she can be. She is also meeting nice people there. I see her once a week now.