New School Year

"Be careful." He said as I got my footing. "It is buses in here. I wouldn't want to see someone as pretty as you get hurt." He had a verry thick accent. His eyes were almost as dark as the night sky with just a hint of brown, and his hair was just as dark with a slight wave to it.

"Thank you for catching me." I said taking a step back.

"This is the book you're looking for." He handed me two books. "I would get this one too. It's a good one to read on your down time."

"Thanks." I said, taking the books. "How-" Just then an arm wrapped around me and started pulling me away.

I was very confused for a moment until we stopped in an empty part of the book store. I turned around and looked up and saw Ominis. I got really happy I ended up dropping the books and throwing my arms around him.

"I'm so happy to see you again. It's been too long." I said finally polling away. "Why didn't you wright to me over the summer?"

"I'll tell you later... when where on the train." He turned around. "I have to go." He started walking away.

"Ominis wait." I said walking after him. "Why are you avoiding me?" Just then I stopped. Seeing the silhouette of that man that was with him earlier. I froze not knowing what to do.

"Who is this little brother?" The man said in a cold voice. I felt a shiver run up my spine.

"She's that's 5th year student that started last year." There was a slight bit of coldness when he said that. "She's in Slytherin." Ominis started walking out the store. The man just glared at me before leaving. It felt like my heart was breaking in my chest.

"Don't pay two minds to Mr. Gaunt." I heard Professor Weasley say as she put her hand on my shoulder. "Come Lets finish getting your things."

Later that night after dinner I found myself sitting outside. The thing that happened between Ominis and I were still going through my head.

"Don't worry." Garreth said, breaking my thought. "He said he would talk to you tomorrow." He sat next to me and putting an arm around me. I turned to him.

"Garreth, can I ask you something?" He turned to look down at me.

"The Gaunt's are a powerful family." With his others hand he took out some food from his pocket and offered me some. I declined and he started eating it. "As he probably told you they're descendants of Salazar Slytherin. They even look down on some pure bloods, like our family. When word got out that one of their kids was born blinded it was all the wizarding world could talk about. Knowing their family was not perfect made the head of the family at the time very mad."

"So this whole time... Ominis is just trying to prove his worth. Is his dad the head of the family?"

"No. His uncle is the head right now, and he's the right hand man for the minister. You can say that he's trying to prove his worth, but it's clear that he's not like them... But with him just even having the Gaunt name he has an image to uphold." We sat in silence for a while. "Come on. We'll be having a busy day tomorrow." We both went back to the house and went to bed.

The next morning was really crazy. Every one running around trig to get everything packed. In two carriages we made our way to Kings Cross Station. We all made our way throw the barrier and finally on the train.

Garreth & I found an empty box to sit in and we waited for Natty to join us. I was keeping my eyes out for Ominis but he didn't show up. Once the train started, I got up and went to find him. I looked all over the train and couldn't find him. I went back to where my friends were and they could see that I was upset.

"Don't worry Zorro. He will be at school. Thankfully you two are in the same house. So it'll be easier to talk with him." Natty said. The rest of the train trip I just stared out the window.

When we finally reached the great hall in Hogwarts we all went to our assigned tables. I saw Sebastian sitting by himself. His dark brown hair got longer over the summer. He also looks like he's gotten taller. He also had on the scarf I made for him. I went over and sat by him.

"Zorro?!" He looked at me. "I'm glad to see you. About what happened at the end of last year in the common room, I just really want to apologize for how I acted. I was not myself." He said putting his hand on mine.

"I know." I squeezed his hand. "You said that at the end of every letter you sent me."

"I know. I just feel bad for putting you and Ominis in that situation." He started looking around. "I thought Ominis would be with you."

"No." I said looking at the door. "H-He wasn't on the train." Just as I said that Ominis walked into the great hall. I couldn't help but smile seeing him walking in.

"Ominis. We have a seat here for you." Sebastian said waving his hand, thinking that Ominis could see it.

Ominis came over not saying a word to us. It looks like he got taller over the summer as well, but I didn't notice that at the book store. He sat across the table instead of next to me.

The sorting ceremony started. I liked seeing all the new year's. They were so young, somewhere scared and others where verry excited. Sebastian and I started guessing on what house they would be sorted in. Before we started eating Head Master Black did his speech. This year he allowed Quidditch to be played again. Everyone started cheering.

"This year you'll be able to watch me during the matches. I'm one of the best Beater the team has ever had." Sebastian said nudging me.

"You'll have to explain the game to me. I don't know much about it." I smiled as he got excited, knowing he would have to tell me about the game.

We all had dinner, afterwards we walked to our common rooms. Everyone was going to bed. I grabbed Ominis by the arm before he was able to go to the boy's dorm. We walked over to the windows to talk.

"Why does it feel like you're avoiding me." I said as he leaned on the wall. "Please talk to me. Why didn't you wright to me this summer?"

"I was busy." He said as he crossed his arms.

"There's more to it." I stepped closer to him and put my hands on his arm. I realized he did get taller over the summer. How did I not notice it when we were in the book store. "Pleas talk to me."

"I can't say right now." He said brushing my hands off him. I could feel tears fill my eyes. With out saying another word I ran to my room, tears filling my eyes.

Ominis POV -

My heart filled with pain heard Zorro run to her room. I never wanted to hurt her. After what she went through last year with Sebastian, I never wanted her to be upset again. Yet now I'm the one hurting her.

"Bloody Hell Ominis." I heard Sebastian get closer. "What the fuck did you say to Zorro? She ran to her room with tears in her eyes."

"It's hard to say." I said, taking my wand out.

"Like hell it is." He grabbed me by my cloak. "You hurt her and I swear on Merlin-"

"And what would you do? Would you really hurt your only friend? You're acting like you have feelings for her all of a sudden... Do you fancy her?" I said shoving him off.

"After all that we went throw last year together how could I not have feelings for her. She's my friend two." There was a moment of silence. "She has been there for me. Even when I did something unforgivable." He said calming down. "We wrote to each other over the summer. When school got closer, she told me that she didn't hear from you all summer. Is your family behind this?"

"The less you two know the better." With that I left and went to our room. I gave a sigh as I sat on my bed, tears now filling my eyes. All I wanted to do was go up to her and hug her, kiss her. I wanted us to sit on the couch with her in my arms and talk about what happened during the summer. But just knowing about what might happen with my family now looking into who she might be. It's best if I stay away from her for a little bit.