Amortentia

Zorro POV -

As the school year started, I found myself hanging around Garreth and Natty. It felt like Ominis didn't want anything to do with me and because Sebastian was his best friend, I thought it be best if I kept my distance from him as well. I thought the kiss we had at the end of last year meant something, but now I don't know. Sebastian was almost back to his old self, always reading a book.

One day Natty and I were heading to potions. Garreth came from out of nowhere putting his arm around me. I jumped and elbowed him in the stomach. Natty started laughing while Garreth groaned on the floor.

"You should have learned by now that you don't do that to her." Natty said, helping Garreth up. "You think you would have learned that this summer. Since she lived with you."

"I'm so sorry Garreth." I said, putting my hand on his back. "Will you be ok?"

"Y-Yes." he said rubbing his stomach. "I'll be fine Zorro, but I think I think I'll be skipping lunch today." I let out a giggle.

We walked in and sat down. Today there were for potions on professor Sharps desk. I sat at a table with Natty and Garreth. Ominis walked in with Sebastian, and it looked like they were talking about something. Ominis looked irritated on what Sebastian was saying. Sebastian walked over to us and sat at the last empty caldron. Shortly professor Sharp walked out of his office.

"This month we'll be working on advanced potions. I have never been in a class where one person has made them all right. What you see on my desk is for potions that are very tricky to make. The first one is Veritaserum, it's a truth serum. This one will take One lunar phase to make. The second one is Polyjuice Potion, it'll be done in a months time. With one strand of human hair, one will fully turn in to that person. The third is Draught of Living Death. This will cause the drinker to fall into a deep, death-like slumber. This one will take about an hour to make. The last one is Amortentia, and this caused a powerful infatuation or obsession in the drinker." All the girls in the class gasped with the last potion. "I want you all to come up and get the recipe for Draught of Living Death. One you complete this one I will give you the recipe for the next potion. At the same time, I want you to smell the Amortentia and wright down what you smell, it will be different person to person."

We all waited table by table to go up. Ominis was the first one to small the Amortentia potion. I was wandering if he was going to small me. Then my gaze went on Sebastian. I wander what he was going to smell. When it was our turn to go up and smell. I leaned into the cauldron and closed my eyes. The smell of Pine & Petrichor came to my nose. I should be happy knowing it was Ominis that I smelled, but the feeling of him not wanting anything to do with me came to my head. I wrote down what I smiled then grabbed the recipe and returned to my seat trying to fight back tears.

"Is everything alright my friend?" Natty said putting her hand on my back. I shook my head yes and started making the potion.

The tears that were in my eyes were making it hard to read the directions. I ended up just throwing the stuff in the cauldron. As I was doing that, I accidentally crushed the Sopophorous bean with my silver dagger. I just threw it in not wanting others to know what I did, and I Stir seven times clockwise instead of anti-clockwise. Before I knew it the hour was up. Professor Sharp walked around and looked at every ones potion before walking back to his desk.

"Today only two people made it right. Miss Onai and Miss Del Toro good job." A smile went on my face. "Tomorrow you two will move to the next potion, and lastly, for the first time in years there's three people in this class that have the same smell for the Amortentia potion. That smell is Eucalyptus & Mint." My face went bright red when I heard that.

Three!? I think I know who the second person is, but how's the other one. One class ended, I grabbed my books. I heard Sebastian call my name but I ignored him and ran as fast as I could. Not knowing where I was going, I just needed to get out of the school.

I found myself at a niffler den I made for the ones I saved last year. I ended up skipping my Charms class that day. I was laying with the niffler when I heard footsteps. I sat up and turned around. Garreth came walking around the cleft.

"Ga-Garreth... how?" He picked up a Niffler and sat next to me.

"In potions, did I smell you?" He was petting the niffler. "I know Ominis and Sebastian would smell you. With three people having the same smell... do... do you mind if I smell you?"

I said OK. He turned to me and leaned into me. I could feel his breath on my neck. My face started turning red and my heart started beating fast. With him close I smelled cut grass and maple wood.

"I thought so." Garreth said in my ear. Making my heart skip a beat. "I'm sorry Zorro. I guess with us spending the summer together I have come to fancy you." He moved back and looked up at the sky. "I definitely have no chance with you. Natty told me about you and Ominis and this place. Then there's Sebastian." He turned and smiled at me. "I'm just happy that we are friends, and hope to keep it that way." He got up. "Don't stay out too late. They will start to worry about you.

I stayed there a little longer after he left. What were my feelings for Garreth? I never really thought about that. I thought he was with Natty. I guess they were just friends. As I sat there and thought I remembered all that happened during the summer.

When I first got to their house, I was verry shy. I didn't talk to anyone other then Garreth and Professor Weasley. One night Garreth's little sister came up to me and grabbed my hand. She took me to the kitchen where her mom took out all the stuff to make cookies. Since I was new, she wanted to do something nice that'll get me used to being around all the people in the house. She made a big batch of cookie dough then divided it between all of us. Every one liked different things in their cookies. So instead of fighting on what cookies to make she just makes one batch and every one gets to add what they wanted. Seeing every so happy made me wish that I grew up in a family like this. After that day I got used to every one, and I even started feeling like I was a part of their family. Whenever it would rain I would always sit outside and read a book. Garreth's mom didn't really like me doing that, but she got used to it and whenever I would come back inside, she would have a cup of tea and a warm blanket waiting for me. I guess that what the care of a mother is like. I just got used to doing thing on my own. Gareth all ways hade to remind me that I was not alone any more. I guess you could say I saw Garreth as a brother.

That night I found myself waking outside alone. When I heard a howling in the distant. Something in my body was telling me to go back to the castle. As I start making my way back to the school I saw something darting across the ground. Running right towards me. I tried moving, but it felt like I was frozen in place. A big shadow appeared in front of me. The creature had a tall thin silhouette with sharp teeth, & long sharp claws.

"Depulso!" I voice called out. The creature got flung away. "Never keep your gard down when walking outside during a full moon." Professor Hecat walked out of the shadows wand in hand.

"Professor." I looked to the sky not knowing it was a full moon. "Thanks."

"Hurry back to the castle, Head Master Black doesn't want any students outside tonight." I ran back to the castle. I made my way to the undercroft hoping Ominis was there so I could finally talk to him.