Night At The Ball

Winter was coming to an end. Outside some of the flowers were starting to come out from the ground, and the trees started getting buds again. The three of us were still trying to find out what to do with the big snake down in the pipes. One afternoon the sixth and seventh year Slytherins were summoned to the great hall.  We were all walking there as a group. Ominis, Sebastian and I were at the end. The closer we got to the great hall we noticed that the other houses were summoned as well.

"Welcome, please take a seat." Professor Weasley was standing where the headmaster normally stands. I looked around to see who was all there. The tables were all gone and the only thing there was places to sit. They were four section that were the color of our houses. "Now that we're all here and sitting. We will get started." 

"I wonder who got in trouble." Sebastian said in my ear. 

"Just because where all summoned here doesn't mean were in trouble." I said, still looking around. Amit was among the Ravenclaws, Natty and Garreth with Gryffindor, and Poppy among the Hufflepuffs. 

"With you all being in your sixth and seventh years you need to start thinking about your social life outside this place. A good place to network and find a job is at the Ministry Spring Ball." Everyone started looking around and talking. "For a few years we have been honored to attend such an occasion. This class will teach you all how to dance and be sophisticated." Ominis let out a sigh. I put my hand on his. "I will assign partners to practice with. With in two weeks, we'll hold a small ball here to see how you all do." 

"Wow this is going to be a boring class." Ominis said letting out another sigh. 

"Don't say that. It'll be fun" I said nudging him. The seventh years had the same partner from last year.

"Ominis Gaunt, you'll be dancing with Poppy Sweeting. Sebastian Sallow, you'll be dancing with Natsai Onai. Amit Thakkar, you'll be dancing with Imelda Reyes. Garreth Weasley, you'll be dancing with Zorro Del Toro." 

"Weasley." Both Sebastian and Ominis said with a mad tone. 

"You two stop." I said standing up. "It's just dance practice." I walked over to Garreth. 

After we had our partners we started dancing. I found out that Garreth had trouble learning the moves. 

"Miss Del Toro." Professor Weasley said walking up to me. "You are a female. It's the man that leads, not the woman." The others around us started lagging. 

"Professor. Garreth can't lead without stepping on my feet. That's why I took over." 

"Why don't you switch with Miss Reyes. I think maybe the height will help with this." As I passed Imelda, she gave me an evil glare. 

I walked up to Amit and gave him a smile. I never really realized that the guys I've been around are all taller. Amit was just slightly taller than me. He was already a good dancer. 

"Where did you learn how to dance? You're really good at it." I said as he spun me. 

"My family taught me." A smile went on his face. "Most Ravenclaws and Slytherins learn how to dance at a young age."

"Wow. I'm guessing it depends on what family you come from."

"Yes, but I still prefer to look at the stars than dance." I let out a giggle. Within a second, I felt Sebastian's eyes on me and I could also feel Ominis getting mad. "They know this is just practice right?" 

"Yah, I'm going to have a talk with them after. Although I think they prefer me with you than Garreth." 

"Between you and me. I'm going to try and ask Poppy to go to the dance with me." I let out a small squeal of joy.