Chapter 4

Y/n POV

It was a couple days after Viserys was killed by Khal Drogo and I was currently walking through the market looking at stuff with Daenerys as Jorah, Irri and Rakharo were by our sides. "Can't you help me make him understand?" Daenerys asked Jorah. Daenerys has been asking Drogo if we could head to Westeros, but he immediately shut it down claiming that a Khal doesn't need a chair, he has a horse. "The Dothraki do things in their own time, for their own reasons. Have patients, Khaleesi. We will go home, I promise you." Jorah said to her as I just listened. "Our brother was a fool, I know, but he was the rightful heir to the seven kingdoms." Daenerys told him making Ser Jorah chuckle.

"Has she said something funny, Ser?" I asked him. "Forgive me, your grace and Khaleesi, but your ancestor Aegon the conqueror didn't seize six of the kingdoms because they were his right. He had no right to them. He seized them because he could." Jorah told us. "And because he had dragons." I said. "Ah well, having a few dragons makes things easier." Jorah told us as he looked around the market. "You don't believe it." Daenerys said. "Have you ever seen a dragon, Khaleesi, your grace? I believe what my eyes and ears report. As for the rest it was 300 years ago. Who knows what really happened?" Jorah said as we stopped walking.

"Now if you'll pardon me, I'll seek out the merchant captain, see if he has any letters for me." Jorah told us. "I'll come with you." Daenerys offered. "No, no, don't trouble yourself. Enjoy the market. I'll rejoin you both soon enough." Jorah said and then left. Me and Daenerys continued walking throughout the market hearing a man selling wine. "I have sweet reds from Lysa, Volantis and the Arbor! Tyroshi pear brandy! Andalish sours! I have them! I have them!" The man called out. Me and Daenerys walked up to the man who noticed us. "A taste for the Khaleesi and her grace? I have sweet red from Dorne, my lady, your grace. One taste and you'll name your first child after me." The man said as he got off the barrel. He went and filled a cup of wine.

"My son already has his name, but I'll try your summer wine. Just a taste." Daenerys told him. The man stared and then at me. "My lady, my lord, you two are from Westeros." The man said. "You have the honor of addressing Daenerys of the house Targaryen, Khaleesi of the riding men and princess of the seven kingdoms. Y/n of house Targaryen, next in line for the Irone Throne and the prince of the seven kingdoms." Irri told the man. The man bowed to us in respect. "Your grace and princess." The man said. Me and Daenerys both looked at each other with an amused look then looked back to the man who was still bowing to us. "Rise." I told him making rise up and look at us.

"I'd still like to taste that wine." Daenerys told him. He dumps the wine out of the cup. "That? Dornish swill. Not worthy of a princess and the future king. I have a dry red from the arbor nectar of the gods. Let me give you a cask. A gift." The man said as he went to the back quickly to get a barrel making me suspicious of this man before me. "You honor us, Ser." Daenerys told him with a smile. "The honor is all mine." The man said as he came back with a new barrel. Rakharo took the barrel before he could give it to us. The man turned to us as Rakharo carried the barrel. "There are many in your homeland that pray your return, princess, your grace." The man told us.

I don't believe a word this man says but it looks like my little dragon believes him. "I hope to repay your kindness someday." Daenerys said. Then I hear Ser Jorah call out to Rakharo making us look at him. "Rakharo. Put down that cask." Jorah told him. Rakharo did and set the cask as Jorah walked up next to me as he stared the man "Is there something wrong?" Daenerys asked him. "I have a thirst. Open it." Jorah told him as Rakharo grabbed the cask and shoved it in the man's chest who looked at us nervously. "The wine is for the Khaleesi and the future king. Its not for the likes of you." The man said to him. "Open it." Jorah told him and now I figured out what this man was doing.

This man is trying to poison me and Daenerys. The man stared at us and hesitantly opened the cask and looked at us. "Pour." Jorah said making the man stare at him. "It would be a crime to drink a wine this rich without at least giving it time to breathe." The man said nervously. "Do as he says." I told him as Daenerys held my hand as she knew something was wrong. "As the king commands." The man said before grabbing a cup and filled it with the wine that was in the cask. Me and Jorah gave each other a look and then I turned to Daenerys who was already looking at me. I gave her a reassuring smile before we looked back at the man.

The man gave the cup to Jorah who took it and smelled it while looking at the man. "Sweet, isn't it? Can you smell the fruit, Ser? Taste it, my lord. Tell me that is not the finest wine that has ever touch your tongue." The man told him. Jorah was about to drink it before looking at the man who looked at him. "You first." Jorah said as he handed it to the man who looked at him nervously. "Me? I'm afraid I am not worth of the vintage. Besides, it's a poor wine merchant who would drink up his own wares." The man said. "You will drink." Daenerys told him.

The man looked at Daenerys and grabbed the cup while staring at all of us but then started running from us. "Stop him!" I ordered Rakharo who went after the merchant. Rakharo wrapped his whip around the wine merchant making him fall and the rest of the Dothraki grabbed him as we walked away from them, and they dragged the man away. Later on me, Daenerys and Jorah walked into the hut and see the merchant tied to a pole. "What will they do to him?" Daenerys asked Jorah. "When the Khalasar rides, he'll be leashed to a saddle, forced to run behind the horses for as long as he can." Jorah told us.

The merchant looks beaten. "And when he falls?" I asked him. "I saw a man last nine miles once." Jorah told us. "King Robert still wants me and Y/n dead." Daenerys said. "This prisoner was the first he won't be the last." Jorah said. "We thought that he'll leave us alone now that our brother is gone." I said as Daenerys held my arm tightly. "He will never leave you two alone.  If you ride to darkest Asshai, his assassins will follow you. If you sailed all the way to the basilisk isles, his spies would tell him. He would never abandon the hunt. You're a Targaryen, the last two Targaryen. Daenerys son will have Targaryen blood with 40,000 riders behind him." Jorah explained to us.

Daenerys squeezed my arm in anger. "He will not have my son." Daenerys said. Jorah looked at us. "He will not have you either, your grace, Khaleesi." Jorah said to us. I see Rakharo come in the hut with the blood riders holding a torch. Khal Drogo came in and looked at Daenerys as I let go of her hold and then he looked at the prisoner and got a torch and threw it in the fire pit and walked up to Daenerys and cupped her face. "The moon of my life. Are you hurt?" Drogo asked her. Daenerys shook her head no and then gave her a kiss on her head. Drogo turned to Jorah. "Jorah of the Andel, they told me what you did. Choose any horse from my herd. I make this gift to you." Drogo told him. Drogo then turned to me. "My sister, you protected the moon of my life, you can also choose any horse from my herd." Drogo told me.

I nodded to him as he went and touched Daenerys stomach. "And to my son, the stallion who will mount the world, I will also pledge a gift. I will give him the irone chair that his mother's father sat upon. I will give him seven kingdoms. I, Drogo, will do this." Drogo said as he started walking around the fire pit. "I will take my Khalasar west to where the world ends and ride wooden horses across the black salt water as no Khal has done before. I will kill the men in iron suits and tear down their stone houses. I will rape their women take their children as slaves and bring their broken gods back to Vaes Dothrak. This, I vow, I Drogo, son of Bharbo. I swear before the Mother of Mountains as the stars look down in witness." Drogo said making the Dothraki cheering.

The next day

I packed everything up in my hut and went on my horse and the Khalasar started moving out of Vaes Dothrak. As we were riding the merchant was tied up with no clothes on and walked behind Daenerys horse.