Chapter 14

Y/n POV

It was the next day as we were planning to attack Yunkai when they least expect it. "Where?" Daenerys asked Daario as she stood next to me. He pointed down to the map. "There. It's a back gate. My men use it when they visit Yunkai's bed slaves." Daario explained to us. "Your men, but not you?" Jorah asked him. "I have no interest in slaves. A man cannot make love to property." Daario told him before pointing to the map as he gives us a plan as he stood by me. "This is where we enter the city. Very few guards. They know me. They let me inside." Daario explained to us. "We're not gonna sneak an army through a back gate." Barristan told him. "I'll kill the guards. I take your three best men and lead them through the back streets, which I know well, and open the front gates. Then comes the army. Once the walls are breached, the city will fall in hours." Daario explained to us.

"Or perhaps you'll lead Grey worm, Jaerion and I to the slaughter, cutting the head off our army. The masters of Yunkai will pay you your fee and you wouldn't have to split it three ways cause you already slaughtered your partners." Jorah told him as he still doesn't trust him but we need all the men we can to take Yunkai, and his squabble will do us no good. "You have a very suspicious mind. In my experience, only dishonest people think this way." Daario told him. Jorah turned to Grey worm who stood by Jaerion. "You command the unsullied. What do you think?" Jorah asked him. "You are a leader now. Do you trust him?" I asked him. "I trust him." Grey worm said. I looked at the four men in the room. "You leave tonight." I ordered them. "Very good. We'll prepare." Jorah said before leaving as Daario gave me a head nod in respect as he left the tent.

As they were leaving Ser Barristan stopped Ser Jorah making him stop and face him. "Ser Jorah. You can use an extra sword." Barristan said to him. "Your the Kingsguard, Ser Barristan. Your place is by the king and queen. If we are truly their loyal servants, we'll do whatever needs to be done no matter the cost, no matter our pride." Jorah explained to him before leaving with Daario, Jaerion and Grey worm. It was night time and the four men left to the back gates of Yunkai as me and Daenerys were sitting down on a couch as we wait for them to come back. I stood up from the couch as I walked to Ser Barristan as Daenerys stayed seated as she grabbed something to eat from Missandei. "We've been waiting a long time. Haven't we?" I asked him as he only looked at me and shrugged. "I don't know, you tell me. How long does it take to sack a city?" I asked him as Daenerys came up to me. "Calm down, my love." Daenerys said to me making me calm as I rubbed her still flat belly but she is nearly a moon long and it would take at least two more moons for her to show.

Then Jaerion, Greyworm and Jorah came back to the tent all bloodied as I walked to them. "It was just as you said. They did not believe until it was too late. Their slave soldiers threw down their spears and surrendered." Jorah told us still out of breathe from fighting. "And Daario Naharis?" I asked him knowing the flirty man was not with them. Jorah only stared at me before I hear someone come up to us and it was Daario walking up to me and kneeled down in front of me and took a flag and faced it to me. "The city is yours, my king and queen." Daario said to us.

The next day

Me and Daenerys stood on a rock with the unsullied lined up front of us as Jorah, Barristan, Daario and Jaerion stood by our sides as Missandei stood behind us as we were in front of the Yellow gates of Yunkai. Our dragons are sitting in front of us on the rock as we were waiting for the slavers to come out. "They will come, your Grace. When they're ready." Barristan told us. "Perhaps they didn't want to be conquered." I said as Daenerys held my hand. "You didn't conquer them. You liberated them." Jorah informed me. "People learn to love their chains." Daenerys said and then the gate opened with the free slaves stepping out and walks towards us. As they were close enough to us the unsullied pointed their spears so they won't walk any closer.

The free slaves stopped in front of the unsullied as they stared at us. Missandei stepped up to speak to them. "This is Y/n Targaryen and her sister-wife Daenerys Targaryen, the Stormborn, the unburnt, the king and queen of the Seven Kingdoms of Westeros, the mother and father of dragons." Missandei introduced us to them as they listened. "It is to them you owe your freedom." Missandei said. "No." I told her as she stepped back so I could talk. "You do not owe us your freedom. We cannot give it to you. Your freedom is not mine to give. It belongs to you and you alone. If you want it back, you must take it for yourselves. Each and every one of you." I told them. It was silent for a second before I hear a man. "Mhysa! Fhysa!" The man said as his daughter also yelled it making all the free slaves yell it to us.

"What does it mean?" Daenerys asked Missandei. "It is old Ghiscari, khaleesi. It means mother and father." Missandei told her. The people started to come forward making the unsullied go and guard us. "It's all right. These people won't hurt us." I told them. I helped Daenerys down off the rock as we walked to our dragons and petted them softly. "Fly." I ordered. The six dragons flew as I commanded. We walked behind the guarded unsullied. "Let us pass." Daenerys ordered them. They did as told as we both walked to the free people as they gently put their hands on our shoulders as they say 'Mhysa and Fhysa' as we kept walking in the crowd as two people hoisted Daenerys up on their shoulders and another two people hoisted me up as well for all to see. We both smiled at them as the chanted to us as our dragons grew overhead and screeched.