Chapter 20

Y/n POV

Me and Daenerys was in the throne room as we have a wet nurse watch our son. "You stand before Y/n II Targaryen and Daenerys Stormborn, the Unburnt, King and Queen of Meereen, King and Queen of the Andels and the Rhoynar and the First Men. Khaleesi of the Great Grass Sea, Breaker of Chains and Mother and Father of Dragons." Missandei listed our names. "Thank you for seeing me, your Grace. My name is Fennesz." Fennesz said. "I can speak the common tongue if you wish." Fennesz told us as we smiled at him politely. "You speak it very well." I said to him. "Before you freed me, I belonged to master Mighdal. I was tutor to his children. I taught them languages and history. They know a great deal about your family because of me. Little Calla is only seven, but she admires you both very much." Fennesz explained to us. Daenerys and I smiled at him as Daenerys held my hand. "We hope we can prove worthy of her admiration. What can we do for you?" I asked him.

"When you took the city, the children begged me not to leave the house. But master Mighdal and I agreed that I must. So I lost my home. Now I live on the streets." Fennesz explained to us. "We have outfitted mess halls to feed all former slaves and barracks to shelter them." I told him. "I do not mean to offend, your Grace. I went to one of these places. The young prey on the old. Take what they want and beat us if we resist." Fennesz explained to us. "Our unsullied will make them safe again in short order, my friend, this I promise you." Daenerys told him. "Even if they are safe, who would I be there? What purpose would I serve? With my master, I was a teacher. I had respect and love of his children." Fennesz said to us. "What is it that you want from us?" I asked him confused on where this conversation is going.

"Your Grace, I ask you to let me sell myself back to master Mighdal." Fennesz said to us. "You want to return to a man who owned you like a goat or a chair?" Daenerys asked him. "Please, your Grace. The young may rejoice in the new world you two have built for them, but those of us too old to change, there is only fear and squalor. I am not alone. There are many outside waiting to beg the same of you." Fennesz said to us. "We did not take this city to preside over the injustice we fought to destroy. We took it to bring people freedom. But freedom means making your own choices." I told him.

Me and Daenerys looked at each other before she gave me a nod, making me sigh before turning back to the old man. "I will allow you to sign a contract with your former master. It may not cover a period lasting longer than a year." I told him as he looked at me. "Thank you, your Grace. Thank you." Fennesz thanked us as he bowed before he left. "The masters will take advantage of this situation. The men serving them will be slaves in all but name." Ser Barristan told us.

Just then a man came up holding up a blanket. "Approach, my friend." I told him. "I do not understand, my king." The man said. "The king says you may approach." Missandei told him. He walked forward before he started crying and talking. "I have brought you. He came from the sky. The black one without a scar. The winged shadow. He came from the sky and." Missandei translated as the man bent down and uncovered a small child that is burned to the bone. Daenerys held my hand tightly at the sight. "My girl. My little girl." Missandei translated. After that me and Daenerys headed to our chambers as she held Jacaerys in her arms tightly.

"What was her name?" Daenerys asked Missandei who was with us. "Zala, your grace." Missandei said. "How old was she?" I asked Missandei. "Three." Missandei answered. "Three. And still no word of Drogon?" I asked them. "Sailors saw him flying over the Black Cliffs three days ago with Aegon, my King. Nothing since then." Grey worm said. Me and Daenerys looked at each other before we looked at Missandei and Greyworm. "Leave us." I told them. They both bowed to us before leaving us alone. "What should we do, my love? Our dragons killed a small child." Daenerys asked me as Jacaerys babbled to himself. "We can't chain them up, they wouldn't grow big but I also don't want them killing anyone else. So I suggest that we move the dragons somewhere no one will go but they will hunt as they like. I found a cave when I explored this city far from here but they will love it." I explained to her.