Chapter 6

Year: 299 AC

Y/n POV

After me and Daenerys were both clothed, we both wedded that same day making her my sister-wife as I am hers. We decided to bed after we found a place to stay for a while. After we wedded the small khalasar was moving as I have one of my dragons that is dark as night on my shoulders as Daenerys has one on hers trying to feed her dragon who refused to eat. "What did your brother say about them, Khaleesi?" Doreah asked. "He said they ate meat." Daenerys told her. "He didn't tell you what kind of meat?" Doreah asked. "Our brother didn't know anything about dragons. He didn't know anything about anything." Daenerys told her. I put my dragon in his small cage as also put Daenerys dragon in hers. I really need to name them but I will wait for a bit.

Just then Daenerys horse falls down making us run to her. Daenerys knelt down to her trying to see if she was alive but Jorah gave her a look telling her she is dead. I knelt down next to Daenerys as I petted softly of the now dead horse. "She was Drogo's first gift to me." Daenerys told us. "I remember." I told her softly. "I promised to protect them. Promised them their enemies would die screaming. How do I make starvation scream?" Daenerys asked us. "A trick I never learned, I'm afraid." Jorah told her. "Does it ever end?" I asked him as I looked beyond the never ending desert. "This is farther east than I've ever been. But, yes, your Grace, everything ends, even the red waste." Jorah told me honestly. "And you're sure there is no other way?" I asked him. "If we go south to the land of the lazarheen, the lamb men will kill us and take your dragons. If we go west to the Dothraki Sea, the first khalasar we meet will kill us and take your dragons." Jorah told us.

"No one will take our dragons." I told him sternly. "They are too weak to fight, as are your people. You must be their strength." Jorah told us. Daenerys turned to him. "As you are to us." Daenerys said to him. Daenerys called out for the blood riders, the three of us stood up as Rakharo, Aggo and Kovarro walked up to us. "Rakharo, Aggo, Kovarro. Take our remaining horses. You will ride east, you southeast, and you the northeast." Daenerys told them. "What do we seek, Khaleesi?" Rakharo asked her. "Cities, living or dead. Caravans and people. Rivers or lakes or the great salt sea." Daenerys told him. "Find how far the Red Waste extends before us, and what lies on the other side." I told them. They nodded their heads and left to the horses. Me and Daenerys walked up to Rakharo who petted his horse. "Rakharo. You are our last hope, blood of my blood." Daenerys told him. "I will not fail you, blood of my blood." Rakharo said. "You never have." Daenerys said as she grabbed my hand. "This is a bad time to start." Rakharo said. He smiled at us before getting on his horse and rode off. I helped Daenerys make a small tent for us as we wait for them to come back.

It's been a couple hours since the blood riders left, me and Daenerys are cuddled up as I gave her some water while I have one of my dragons that I named Aegon after the conqueror. I grabbed a piece of meat and gave it to him but he refused so I thought of an idea. I set down the meat in front of him as he looked at me. "Dracarys." I told him. He looked at the meat and blew fire at it and he ate it happily. "Well, now I know that you need it cooked." I said. "Well at least they could eat it cooked instead of raw." Daenerys told me. Then we hear Jorah call out our names. "Khaleesi, your Grace." Jorah called out. We see the horse that belonged to Rakharo but I see no Rakharo. Jorah got up and walked to the horse and looked inside the bag that was dripping with blood. Me and Daenerys got up and walked to him. "You don't need to see this." Jorah told us. "He is blood of my blood." Daenerys said.

We walked up to the headless Rakharo as I looked down sadly, he was a loyal friend to me. The person who helped me learn about Dothraki and now he's gone. "Who did this?" I asked Jorah. "Khal Pono, perhaps. Khal Jhaqo. They don't like the idea of a woman leading a Khalasar." Jorah told me. "They will like it far less when I am done with them." I told him angrily as Daenerys wrapped her arm around my waist. Irri came up and started crying over Rakharo as I looked down trying to control my anger. "They killed his soul!" Irri said to Daenerys still weeping over Rakharo. "Shh. They cannot kill his soul." Daenerys told her. "They did! They butchered him like an animal. They did not burn his body. He can never join his ancestors in the night lands." Irri said as Daenerys went down trying to console the woman. "Shh. We will build him a funeral pyre. And I promise you, Rakharo will ride with his ancestors tonight." Daenerys promised her.