[CUTE-DANGEROUS GIRL - TURNING INTO...]

[MIIYAKO SHIKIMORI'S POV]

When I entered junior high school, I was just like a normal girl who just wanted to make friends, hang out with them, and enjoy school life...

Before that, I admired my big brother, who was a karate champion in his high school, so I took classes about learning karate so that I could also become successful in karate just like my brother... But it all shattered one day when my brother stopped training and he is, no longer, playing that sport...

So, now I have no dream whatsoever, I just like to hang out with my friends...

But it all changed on 'that' day...

...

I and my friends are just walking on the streets, talking about the anime that started to come on TV last month... This romance anime is a story about two high school students, one boy, and one girl... The female lead is my favorite character, because of her personality... She has a crush on the male lead, from the very beginning as he helped her when she needed the most... The male lead also has a good heart; he helps everyone who needs his help... But the female lead doesn't like it, so she starts to show an obsession with him...

I don't know why, but I like this female lead...

.

My days continued just like that until I saw a 'spectacular' sight which captivated my whole heart and mind...

One day, during the cultural festival of this year, I and my friends are hanging out here and there, all over the school, enjoying the festival to the fullest... As we continued our walk, we decided to enter the school auditorium, where currently, a volleyball match was going on...We took a seat, at the most last seat as we didn't have any interest in the game... But I became interested; my gaze didn't even waver a bit from the court where the game was going on... I don't know about the other team but they are playing so much better than our team, I don't know how but my mind says so... I can't seem to hear anything but only the voices they are making, even though my friends are saying something but my whole focus is on the court...

The sight of them running all over, their half of the court; the way they slide to collect the call; the way they jump to shoot the ball, and every single moment I am seeing, now, is such a beautiful scene that...

From that moment, I began to admire this game so much that I wanted to make my career in it... I decided that I would play in the nationals and win the championship...

As the game ended, the people started to leave the place talking along the lines about how good the other team was, and how bad our team played... Even though it's just a practice match and for entertainment for some people, our team seemed to feel down, after the match... Every player handshakes with each other and then slowly leaves the place... My friends also seemed too gone as they were not sitting near me, well whatever...

So, I slowly walked towards the court, there was, at the corner, a box which contained the volleyballs... I carefully pulled out a volleyball from that box... This is my first time, touching a volleyball and it doesn't fit well in my hand but I can feel the happiness formed inside me, just like when I completely learned karate...

...

When we became the third year in our junior high school, I decided to join the volleyball club... I have to join alone because no other friends are interested in this sport... They joined other clubs like Literature Club, Science Club, etc. while some were just happy with their Go Home club...

When I first entered there, I had to work harder than anyone else there... I worked harder, harder, harder, and at last... I succeeded in it... I became a regular on the Girl's Volleyball team...