Chapter 12

Sorry for such a long wait but I have been going through my book and editing some things and also have a bit of writers block. 😔

*_*_*_*_*

Narrator's pov

'Stupid! Stupid!' Jack mentally curse in his head. 'Would she ever forgive me for saying such a thing to her'. Jack's thoughts were like heavy bricks weighing him down, restricting his almost spontaneous air flow.

He had to go to my favourite spot to think everything through, and what better place than the coldest place on earth, Antarctica. Scolding himself for the idiotic scene that just unfolded in Elsa's bedroom.

"I thought this might happen, she never really believed in you. I was just trying to show you that, but I understand" a voice feigning sympathy said from behind Jack.

Jack's temper flared immediately he turned around to fire an ice blast at the nuisance behind him, also known as Pitch.

"YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND ANYTHING!" He yells as Pitch easily deflected the shot. Jack, livid keeps sending blast at the shadow as Pitch dodges them as easily as they were being sent.

"I DON'T KNOW WHAT IT'S LIKE TO BE CAST OUT" Pitch bits as he sends shots of his own only to have Jack without an effort roll out of it's way.

"TO NOT BE BELIEVED IN" Pitch accused sending out more shadowy phantoms Jack's way to have Jack leap up and blast Pitch with jagged ice spikes. Pitch seeing this threw this ghostly pale hands up sending his onyx black mist up to act like a shield, having Jack's attack hitting that instead.

"To long for a family" he continues "all those years in the shadows I thought no one else knows what those feels like, but now I see I was wrong. You don't have to be alone, Jack I believe in you and I'm Elsa will again too"

"In me" Jack says, his voice wavering.

"Yes, just look at what we can do" Pitch says gesturing with an arm to an ice statue with specks of dark sand scattered around it. "What goes together better than cold and dark, we'll give them a world where everything-everything is-"

"Pitch black?" Jack interrupts.

"And Jack Frost too, they'll believe in both of us" Pitch says persistently trying to convince Jack to join him and soon after that Elsa as well, she'll be the perfect Queen of Darkness.

"No, they'll fear both of us and that's not what I want. Now, for the last time leave me alone". Jack says, snapping Pitch out of his blissful fantasy.

Pitch couldn't help but feel disappointed but that disappointment was replaced by anger. "Very well, you want to be lefted alone, done, but first would you like to know the reason Elsas' parents ship really sank?"

Jack stopped dead in his tracks and cautiously turned around. "There was a storm and the tides brang the ship under" Jack responded unsure of what to expect.

"Yes that's true, but do you know what caused the storm... It was me." Pitch admits as if he was proud about what he did.

Jack stood there paralyzed in his spot. "What?" He barely managed to croak out.

"I have to admit that was pretty nasty, but it got her powers out of control. And being her shoulder to cry on got her to trust me even more"

Acting on instincts Jack's grip tighten on his 'J' shaped staff and raised it up to aim his shot at Pitch.

"Ah, ah, ah" Pitch tsked as if he were scolding a misbehaving child.

"The staff, Jack" Pitch's voice suddenly hardens making Jack give off an involuntary wince. "You have a bad habit of interfering,now, hand it over and I won't harm, what's her name Annie, is it?"

"Anna" Jack seethed threw clenched teeth.

"Yes, her. Give me the staff and I won't touch her."

Jack stood with his staff still pointing at Pitch threateningly with a glare plastered on his pale, yet angelic face. But soon back down Elsa didn't need to lose her only living family member, especially because of him. Then all those years of isolating herself from all human contact would have been for nothing.

Sighing, Jack obediently walked up to Pitch looking up at his figure towering over Jack. No matter how slender and lithe Jack was he still couldn't get over how freakishly tall Pitch was.

Finally approaching Pitch, Jack hesitantly handed over his staff to Pitch. Who took it with malicious glee. Now, to most it just seems like a stick, but to Jack it was his life line, what he use to channel his powers. How he would live without it, he didn't know, but he certainly would try.

"You have my staff so now you leave Anna out of this!"

Pitch looked Jack up and down with clear distaste visible on his features.

"No, why should she matter to you, you said you wanted to be be alone, so be alone!"

With that, pitch took Jack's staff in both hands and brang it down to his knee, breaking it in the process. Jack hunched over and let out a cry of anguish, as if he could physically feel the pain of his staff being snapped in two.

Using his powers, Pitch blasted Jack with his nightmare sand slamming him against an ice berg making him fall into one of Antartica's many crevices. Pitch walked towards the crevice and peered down it at it, a dark bottomless pit that seemed to to one forever. However, it was not dark enough for Pitch not to see Jack lying senselessly on the crevice's floor.

With one last glance, Pitch quietly chortled to himself. Throwing the two broken pieces of the staff down at the bottom with him and swiftly turning around.

'Oh well, now I get Elsa all to myself. She won't be to happy about this, but after all what she doesn't know won't kill her her, will it.'