Chapter 14

Jack's head was wildly pounding as he tried to sort out how to get out of his situation. Jack snorted humourlessly, ironically he was back in the exact same scenario he was in with Pitch before.

"Maybe Pitch was right, I do make a mess out of everything." He said, remembering the first time The Guardians battled Pitch. It appeared that he hadn't gotten any smarter seeing as he's in the same position again.

Jack's eyes scanned the crevice and abruptly stopped when he saw his staff that laid broken in two. He let out a widespread grin and gave a cry of happiness. 'It seems like Pitch hasn't gotten smarter since the last time we battled either.' He thought giddily.

He picked up the two severed pieces of his staff and held them together. Concentrating hard he could feel his powers surging through him and connected the pieces back together.

All Jack could think about was Elsa. He needed to protect her. Even he could tell on some twisted level Pitch did care about her, but there was a lot more to the equation. Pitch didn't love her for the right reason, he loved her for what he thought she could become. He wanted her to be happy, even if it wasn't with him, but he knew that Elsa definitely couldn't find happiness with Pitch.

After putting the pieces of his staff together Jack soared out of the crevice, feeling empowered.

"Come on wind, take me to Arendelle!"

A powerful gust of wind came and swoop Jack up into the sky. He soared high above Antartica with one goal in his mind. He needed to protect his Snowflake!