𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝟹

"Another day at work." Soda sighed as he approached the rough looking counter after opening up the shop.

"I'll be workin' on another chick's car which was never broken if you need me." Steve slumped through the doorway and into the humid and musty garage.

It was a gloomy, gray day. The patter of rain hit the tin roof of the store.

It was a soothing sound to Soda. It meant fewer girls will come in because they wouldn't want to get their hair wet or their outfits soaked due to the walk from their car in the parking lot to the store.

Soda assumed one or two people would walk through those doors from opening time to closing. Most likely to stay out of the dreadful weather.

Ding

Sodapop looked up from the car magazine he was skimming through and saw a soaked girl. The girl.

"Morning!" She shuffled her soaked Converses on the rug and rung out her braid of water. She tossed her rain jacket behind the counter and walked back to the garage.

"Morning," Soda whispered to himself confused.

She's the only girl he's ever encountered who likes fixing cars, has messy hair and doesn't care, and is able to stick up for herself. The list goes on but he prefers not to make it seem like he fanboys over her.

She is different than Sandy and her gals, that's for a fact.

Ding

Soda looked up to a real customer. An older guy maybe in his forties or fifties. He nodded his head in acknowledgment at Soda and roamed around. He wasn't sure if this man was looking for something in particular or just skimming the isles to waste time and hopefully stay out of the rain.

"Pepsi Cola Coke Sprite Dude! Would you stop getting every girl on the East and West side of town to break their STUPID hubcap just to see your greasy hair!" She shouted in disbelief walking out into the main part of the store.

The man shopping looked up from his browsing and smiled slightly. Fully engrossed in the two teens's encounter.

Ding

A blond-haired girl with a pink plaid mini skirt and a white blouse walked in carrying a pink umbrella gingerly, not to break a pink nail.

"For goodness sake Soda!" The 'girl' flung her arms up in frustration.

"Hey, at least you got my name right." He chuckled at her frustration.

"My god!" She huffed back to the garage.

"You seem happy on this sunny day," Steve smirked.

"Shut your trap, Steven." On the inside his joke made her laugh though she wouldn't show it.

"Girls?"

"Yes, one posh little princess out there!" She groaned and tumbled in the spiny chair.

Ding

She peeked her head out and groaned again. "I take that back, two posh little princesses." She slammed her fit onto the corner of the wooden door frame and rested her head against it for a second.

Steve chuckled at the girl as she got up to assist with the car and do actual work.

"Mind tellin' us your name? It's kind of hard to work with you when I just know you as 'Girl'. Unless that is your name."

"Sure, call me Girl." Girl shrugged and tossed the broken hubcap at Steve who now is sat in the rolley chair near a tool bench.

Girl kneeled and popped the new hubcap on. Steve found it interesting how he and Girl both stick their tongue out when their concentrating.