𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝟷𝟸

*Trigger Warning* Blood

"Brooklyn!" Dallas shouted from the top of his lungs, bolting to the figure stumbling.

Brooklyn slowly fell onto her knees holding her stomach tight, blood seeping out from her stomach.

The red pickup truck drove off, the passengers all roaring with laughter.

To Brooklyn the world spun, she felt nauseous. For some reason there was no pain though.

It was like a soft melody quietly humming in the back of her head, pain was merely a thought getting shoved further and further into the descending darkness.

"Brooke, stay with me sis, please." Dally's voice cracked and trembled as he ran and kneeled next to her. Brooklyn's eyes began to feel heavy and droop. The amount of blood coming out was horrendous.

She began to fall backwards but Dallas held her slowly lowering her to the ground.

Darry rushed to them and kneeled on the other side of Brooklyn. "She's barely breathing." He removed his finger from the side of her neck.

"Wait... she is your sister?" Two Bit asked.

"SHE HAS A NAME?" Steve was dumbfounded.

"Guy's, save em' for later. Dal, I'm gonna carry her and we need to head to the hospital."

"Y-yeah." Dallas stood up blinking a few times and following Darry's lead. He didn't object knowing she is safer in the arms of a calmer person, in this case: Darry.

Darry looped his arm under Brooklyn's upper back and under her knees. Her head leaning onto his chest.

To say he was shocked would be an understatement for Dallas.

He told Brooke that he'd protect her he'd be there for her and now she's practically dead in Darry's arms.

"It makes so much sense," Steve muttered to Soda. "They look and act similar!"

As they were going an officer pulled up next to the bloody sidewalk they were walking on.

"What do y'all think yer doin'."

"Thank goodness, officer, this girl was shot, we are walking to the hospital. Is there any chance you could get an ambulance?" Darry turned slightly to reveal the pale bloody figure draped in his arm, she looked really tiny compared to Darry's muscular figure.

"Dear God." He muttered then talked on his walkie talkie demanding an ambulance to where they are located. "Uhh kid I think," he moved the walkie talkie from his mouth, "how old is she?"

"S-sixteen!" Dallas stuttered.

"Wow she looks real young, mighta been the clothes." He turned back to the radio. "Sixteen year old, shot in the stomach area, we need an ambulance asap!"

Once the ambulance showed up Dallas told Darry to hop in with her, he claims Darry is more responsible and he doesn't want to hold the guilt of watching his sister die.

The ambulance left in a flash, lights blinding, sirens blaring.

"You boys need a ride to the hospital?" The officer inquired.

"Yes please," Steve mumbled.

"Hop in."

Dallas sat in the front and the other three squished in the back.

"Thanks uhh Officer Dan, I umm appreciate it." Dallas struggled to say.

"Never thought I'd see ya in the front of one of these cars," Dallas smirked.

"You've always been my favorite officer," Dally mumbled as he got out of the car.

———

"I'm sorry Dal." Steve patted his friend on the back.

"If she's as strong as her attitude she's gonna make it." Soda joked.

"Yeah, I guess, man."

———

Brooklyn woke up with a killer headache. She attempted to sit up but the pain was excruciating. She grabbed her middle area instinctively. She wasn't shot right in the stomach, they dont have that good of aim. It was slightly above her hip on the left side.

"Stay laying Miss Winston, you'll open the wound. Would you mind if I told your brothers that you are awake, they are all worried."

Brothers? Brooke thought.

"Uh, go-go ahead."

Brooklyn tried to sit up but dots clouded her vision. The nurse gave her a few minutes so she could change into a black tee shirt and shorts because she didn't like the hospital gown, she got slightly cleaned up and tried to process things.

"Brooke, I'm so glad your okay, man." Dallas ran into the room.
Opening the door so hard that it hit the wall. He tightly hugged Brooklyn.

Two Bit whistled. "And my mother is a millionaire, Dallas Winston just hugged someone!" He exclaimed.

"Shut up Keith!"

"How are you feeling Brooklyn?" Soda grinned a smug grin. He noticed the scars along her arm but he kept the same expression to avoid suspicion.

"Gosh dang it Dal, I told you to keep your trap locked, closed, unopened, nada!" She glared at him. She tried to sit up but it pained her too much.

"Don't open yer wound more!" Darry shouted gently pushing her back down.

"It's kinda hard for him to not leak your name when you are dying up ahead of him on the sidewalk," Steve mentioned.

"Remember what happened, man?" Dallas asked leaning against the wall near her bed.

"Nope, twas walkin' home, it was dark, then there was flashing lights and now I'm here."

"It was umm them, they found ya man. I'm sorry I told ya that I would protect ya and here I am while my sister is injured in the hospital."

"Gosh dang it, would you shut your trap for one second, what, you gonna tell em' my whole life story while you are at it?! I'm not mad, I told ya I don't need anyone protecting me."

"And how'd that do ya Doll?" Two Bit smirked.

"Just swell. But still, I ain't need no one! Just sleep!" She muttered the last part.

"Let's let her rest, she needs it!" Darry patted her feet which were covered by the thin grey hospital blanket and the boys trickled out.

Rest, safety, silence (almost).