𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝟷𝟻

Steve walked into the dimly lit hospital after a hard day at work, deciding to visit Brooke.

Steve skipped into the dim hospital room expecting Brooklyn to be sitting bored on her bed but the lights were off.

Strange.

He opened the door quietly and saw what he was worried would happen.

Two Bit resting near a fast-asleep Brooklyn. She looked happy and calm. Two had his fingers tangled in her chocolatey brown hair that shimmers in the sun.

Steve's heart broke, how did Two Bit get her before him?

They looked happy laying with each other.

He had enough and just quietly stormed out to the Curtis house.

"Hey ya Steve," Soda looked up from his spot tiredly on the couch when the door slammed.

Steve slumped down next to him.

"How is she?" Soda moved slightly so they'd have more room on this yellowish-broken couch.

"I dunno, she was snuggling with Two all cute and everything. She must not even like me, man!"

"But aren't Brooklyn and Two like siblings at this point?" Soda wiped a hand down his tired face.

"Yeah, she'd like you like that more than Two," Dallas announced his presence near the door.

"H-how much did ya hear?" Steve nervously asked, covering his red face with his hands.

"All of it!" Dallas smirked. "I ain't care if ya like my sister, there's no stopping her, an' you're a good kid." Dallas shrugged and Steve's eyes lit up.

"But she likes Two Bit," Steve grumbled slouching even more.

"I dunno man, I've always assumed she liked you. I'll ask er." Dallas reached for the creaky door, hopefully, Johnny, Darry, and Pony don't wake up upstairs.

"Don't make it obvious!" Steve yelled before he left.

"I won't man, chill."

———

"Hey, Dal! Guess what! I get to get out in a week instead of at the end of the month! I've healed enough or what not!"

"That's great man!" Dally walked into the room and sat in a plastic hospital chair. Two Bit left a few minutes earlier.

"So I can get out of this place earlier!!!" She happily announced.

Dallas knows she has many traumatizing memories that resulted from her going to the hospital so he is surprised she is holding up this well.

"Hey umm Brooke, I've gotta question for ya."

"Okay."

Dallas rubbed the back of his neck, "uhh do you like Steve?" He blurted out.

Her face showed worry and her cheeks began to grow red, her eyes darted everywhere. "W-why.. why would you think that?"

"I'm not upset or nothin', he's probably one of the best guys for ya, just the way you look at him, man, the way you first laughed in front of the gang was because of him."

"He's just a acquaintance, coworker, yeah merely a peer. " She glanced down at her hands, her face slowly forming a pink hue of blush.

"Well, I'll be darn." Dallas shook his head smiling.

Brooklyn looked at him worriedly.

Dallas patted her feet and rose from his chair. He smirked and walked out.