𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝟿

Ghost was very behind schedule now. She didn't want to 'get all cleaned up', as Darry stated, but she knew he wouldn't back down.

"Here, sit down." Darry pushed her into one of the rickety dining chairs. "Soda, have Pony lay on the couch, I will come and patch him up first." Darry rushed around collecting the needed supplies.

"Wow, man, you took a good fall, may need to cut back on the skating time, man." Dallas nodded to the now scuffed-up black skates she still wore.

"Oh boo hoo, Dallas."

"You know, I don't recall ever seeing you laugh genuinely or smile," Soda commented getting up to help Darry. "Live a little!"

"I prefer my own little world that consists of me, myself, and guess what, I! I don't-."

"I don't do friends!" Steve used his squeaky girl voice.

"I warned you, Randle!" She got up from the chair and stormed across the cluttered living room, skates and all.

"Hey, please, no fighting, go sit down...uhh, I don't know you're name." Darry put two hands on her shoulder and slowly rolled her back to the chair. She didn't move just allowed him to push her backwards while she gave Steve a death stare.

"Good." She muttered to Darry and slumped back down into the dining chair.

"She looks like she is pouting in timeout." Two whispered to Dal and Steve but she still heard it. Dal left to do who knows what slamming the door on the way out.

"Be quiet, I didn't want to be here! I was plannin' to leave two hours ago!"

"Yet here you are!" Soda chuckled.

She groaned and stared at the popcorn-white ceiling.

"Soda, can you carry Pony and go lay him in his bed? Let him rest, don't wake em'!" Soda picked up the now sleeping Pony from their rough and well-used couch near the window.

Ghost was fiddling with a switchblade when Darry came by. "I don't gotta waste your time, I have to go."

"It won't take long. Twenty minutes at most. Now stay still."

She groaned but allowed Darry to kneel next to the chair she was sitting on. He first wiped off all the blood on her face, she didn't even notice she also got a nosebleed earlier. Then he used some medicine or chemicals, Ghost didn't know, all she knew was it stung. Lastly, he bandaged her where he thought she needed it.

"There, all cleaned up. I'm curious how you got those." He nodded to the big cut.

"The Socs and yer clumsy brother." She yawned and blinked her eyes trying to get rid of the tiredness.

"Here, go sit in that armchair and just rest for a little bit before leaving". Darry directed and led her to the open chair with a hand on the small of her back.

She curled up in the chair and pulled her sweatshirt tighter around her frame. She took off her skates after her argument with Steve.

As she was laying in the chair she eventually dosed off which is what Darry hoped for. She looks extremely tired for having to work two jobs and is always on edge.

"SHHHH." Darry shushed Soda and Steve's card game at the table. They are big cheats and it usually breaks out into arm wrestling but they enjoy cards.

"Why are you shushin' us?" Steve inquired.

"The girl is sleepin', let her sleep."

"Ohh." He whispered.

"Alrighty."

"Where is she?" Dally bursted into the once quiet house in a panic. She didn't wake up but boy did Dallas make a lot of noise.

"The girls sleepin'," the eldest Curtis approached the hysterical Winston.

"Keep an eye on her, man!"

"What's goin' on?" Soda asked emerging from the table, cards that Steve threw still dropping off his white tank top and button-up plaid.

"Red 1950s Chevy Silverado, they are trouble watin' to happen, shoot they'd kill er if they get a chance man. Keep an eye on er and the car, you understand, man?"

Soda nodded walking to the front porch looking for the car.

"They'll kill er, watch out!" And with that pleasant warning, Dallas ran off.