𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝟹𝟺

"Hey Winton, staying for supper?" Darry asked as he noticed her sitting in his living room.

"Oh your work is done," She glanced up at him.

"Yep."

"I'm not really hungry but I might stay for a little longer I guess."

"Hey Brooke, how you holdin' up?" Soda approached her, the smell of oil flowing from Steve and his shirts. He must have helped in the shop today.

"I'm fine."

"Haha, wow, so creative!" Two Bit cackles sarcastically. "Women are such strange creatures!"

"Shut up two brain cells!" She snapped shooting him her iconic Winston glare.

Soda turned to Steve and whispered something which caused him to show an evil grin and for Steve to redden.

"Great it's beginning to rain again!" Soda complained plopping down next to Brooklyn on the couch. He shot Steve a weird look and Steve hesitantly came and sat down on the other side of Brooklyn.

"This couch is gonna break!" Brooklyn muttered compacted in between the boys.

"You shouldn't have had those chips at the DX earlier!" Soda teased.

"Shut up. I'm talking about how this couch isn't made for three!" She rolled her eyes and Soda chuckled a light laugh.

"I'll go help with supper." Soda rose and began to walk away. A little pep in his strides.

"I'll help." Steve offered but Soda pushed him back down.

"No no, I'm fine. You two...chat." He shot a devilish grin and strutted out.

"Uhh hi," he awkwardly sat back down on the couch.

"How was uhh the rest of work?" Brooklyn could feel the tension thick in the air.

"It was uhh y'know, the uhh usual." He shrugged.

"Brooklyn!" Two Bit flung himself onto the couch and landed on the two, awkward and tense, people.

"Ahh Twooooo! I think ya broke my femur!" Brooklyn fake groaned giggling in the process.

"You don't even know where your femur is!" Steve pointed out, shoving Two Bit off him.

"Ahh, you gotta point."

"SUPPER IS READY!" Darry's shout echoed throughout the small house, causing a stampede of boys.

"Are you not gonna eat?" Steve turned around as he realized the missing presence during his walk to the table.

"I'm uhh not hungry."

"I'll get ya some cake!" He smiled and walked away without waiting for her to argue.

He came back a few minutes later, with two plates of chocolate cake.

"I didn't think you'd mind if I sat next to you."

"Not my house!" She shrugged engulfing the cake.

Whispering was not uncommon that night although the only time there were whispers was when Brooke and Steve couldn't hear. How peculiar.

"Wanna go for a walk?" Steve questioned.

"It's raining! Are you insane?" Dallas snapped.

"We will be fine, I like the rain." Brooklyn shot her brother a reassuring glance and walked out after Steve.

"Sooo uhh wanna head to the park or...?"

"Sure," Brooklyn grinned, looking into the golden, brown eyes, freckled with grey spots.

Once that eye contact was made, both of their worlds froze. The rain is merely background noise.

The only thing that mattered was not breaking eye contact. Brooklyn's head slightly tipped upwards, Steve admiring her beauty from above.

As the two stood in their trance Steve took two fingers and slowly lifted her chin forward.

Both slowly leaning in...