𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝟹𝟸

"Another day at work!" Brooklyn groaned slamming the front door of the DX.

"Good to see you too," Steve sarcastically rolled his eyes playfully.

"Where's Pepsi?" Brooke questioned curiously, grabbing a bag of chips and walking to the unattended counter.

"I dunno. He should be here any minute, told me not to wait for em'."

"Weird," she shrugged and paid for her chips.

The two started to walk back into the shop when a figure caught her eye. 'Why's he here??' She thought.

"Dal it's a push door, not a pull!" She joked as he struggled to open the doors.

"Yeah yeah yeah, whatever."

"Why's you here?" Her New York accent prominent

"I's looking for a smoke, Shepherd stole mine when we got into a fistfight the othah day," he scoffed touching the scratch going through his eyebrow.

"Here," she handed him two packs. "It's on me." Brooklyn began to walk away when Dallas pulled her back by the shoulder.

"Ain't ya against my smokin' habits?"

"Yeah but it's not gonna stop and I don't have the time to argue with you," she replied.

"Brooklyn, little help?" Steve called.

"Yeah yeah I'm comin', see ya around Dal."

"Mhmm."

"Bro-Brook-BROOKLYN!" Soda bent down and stabled his out-of-breath figure on his knees.

The two mechanics peeked their heads out of the shop.

"Your late!" Brooklyn replied flatly, leaning against the creaky doorframe, arms crossed.

"Paper, news-newspaper!" He huffed tossing the news at her.

Steve came and read over her shoulder, confused about why Soda is in such a state.

Oklahoma NEWS:

Missing dog if found call ****–***_***

New Ice cream flavor now at Todd's!

Prom Dress Season: Betty's Boutique has new sales.

Brooklyn looked up confused. "Dog, Ice cream, or dresses. Bro you will not get me to step inside that dress store I swear if yo-"

"Flip it over, Winston!" He rolled his eyes playfully going around fully opening the store.

BREAKING NEWS:

A gang of 'preppy' boys were arrested for assault, harm, etc.

First originating in New York these boys run by Mack Milark harmed people especially his girlfriend in gruesome ways.

Recently found to have shot a sixteen-year-old female, cause of arrest.

We haven't received the identity of the girlfriend but any news; please report to your local police station for more evidence.

Brooklyn dropped the paper, jaw agape. The rest of the news is merely a peppermint in a giant candy factory.

She wasn't happy in the slightest.

Steve kneeled and read the rest of the story as he was a slow reader compared to Brooke.

Chaos

"That's amazing, Winston!" He patted her on the back but she flinched slightly and trudged into the mechanic shop, leaving the boys confused.

"Why ain't she jumpin' with joy or something?" Soda's face answered his question.

Chaos, things, stuff, boys, arrested, chaos!

Somber and sad, Brooklyn sat slouched, knees to her chest in the corner of the workshop. Attempting to hide behind a workbench.

"Brooklyn, I'll let ya be but you gotta tell me. Alright? I wanna make sure you're okay!" Steve shouted into the abyss of the garage.

Silence

Chaos!!!! Jail, boys, knives!!!!

"Why are you sitting on the floor?" Steve rounded the workbench and took in the sight of an empty-looking girl.

She was no broken sixteen-year-old girl. She was a fragile young girl trying to make it through life with no set-and-stone system. No one person to go to when she's upset. No one place she can call 'home'.

"Brooklyn!" Steve harshly whispered trying to get her out of her zoned-out trance.

"It's so frustrating like-ugh-why-it should have-UGH!" She ran her hand through her messy hair and abruptly got up. She ran around the garage putting tools away and obsessing over organization.

Chaos, mess, room, clutter, scratch!!!

She's typically a neat person but doesn't mind messes not like now

"Brooklyn, shhh calm down!" Steve reached out to her shoulders, lightly leading her to an empty wall. Nudging her down the wall to sit back down.

"I-it's like-I should-I-UGH!" She put her head to her hands covering her anxiety-filled face.

Chaos, scratch, cover up, jumped!!!!

"Brooklyn, look at me." She shook her head no, averting her eyes from her hands to her feet. Tears welled in her eyes.

"Look and me Brooklyn!" He demanded in a soothing tone. "I won't leave you. I will sit here until you calm down, even if it takes hours."

Brooklyn's eyes quickly glanced up meeting his. Her somber expression was heavy and gloomy.

"We won't talk about it but I'm here for you. Breath in, breath out!"

Her hyperventilating breathing kept sniffling and hiccuping which didn't help while trying to calm her breathing.

'Chaos' Brooklyn kept thinking, her thoughts everyone yet nowhere, up but down, north but who knows where north is.

"Hey, hey, I'm here for you, let's sit here. In silence. Alone." Steve shuffled from his kneeling position in front of her to sitting two-ish feet away from her side.

"You're going to be alright man!" He whispered softly.

"I promise!"