𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝟸𝟺

While they were at the hospital everyone else in the gang was at the house.

Darry was nervous because Steve and Brooklyn didn't come back yet.

"Steve could have dropped her off at her apartment and gone home." Pony suggested.

"I dunno, you'd think they'd let us know."

"Brooke told me she'd stay with me at Buck's tonight." Dallas fidgeted with an unlit cigarette while sitting on the couch. Johnny sat next to him. Two Bit was so engrossed in the TV he didn't care.

———

A few hours after arriving Brooklyn was free to go. A badly fractured wrist that caused her to wear a weird splint/brace was all the doctors found. A whole bunch of little nicks and scratches covered her but overall she was alive. She wore the same clothes that were blood-stained and ripped but she made it a goal to go straight home and change.

"Winston!" Daniel exclaimed getting up from those uncomfortable hospital chairs in the lobby. He ran up and gave her a big hug. He reminded Brooke of Soda. For only knowing him for a few hours he felt like a lifelong older brother figure.

"Any news from Steve?" She asked him hopeful.

"Emmet and Jake went to go see." He mumbled still holding her in his embrace. She relaxed a little and rested her head on his shoulder.

"Hey, Daniel. The doctors won't tell us what's up with the kid but they said he'd stay in the hospital for more than a week." Daniel nodded looking at them from over my shoulder.

"Let's you home." He patted her on the back after leaving the embrace.

"Shouldn't we get her with her friends so they can watch her? She's still injured you know."

"Oh true, Emmet. Let me drive you to the Curtis's house after I drop these to Bosos off at their houses nearby." Brooklyn followed him back to his car and sat in the same seat as earlier.

After he dropped off the boys he drove to Soda's house. Brooklyn was nervous, she wasn't sure what kind of talking to she would get.

Daniel walked her up the step and knocked on the door.

"Why would someone be knocking on our door?" Soda asked Darry while Darry got up to get it. They all sat around in the living room.

Once he opened the door his face lost all color, his icy grey eyes widened, and just grabbed Brooklyn and hugged her tightly. Once she wrapped her arms around his muscular torso the rest of the gang had a good look at her fractured wrist. That caused gasps.

"What happened, man!?"

"Car accident, she and her friend's car flipped multiple times into a ditch. Luckily two of my buds and I found her. We took them to the hospital, the guy... Steve, is in way worse shape but she has a fractured wrist. Daniel filled in seeing how uncomfortable Brooklyn was.

Darry backed up to let Brook shuffle inside. She looked up and saw Dally in the doorway of the kitchen. She bolted and gave him a tight hug. Tears were impossible to come out but she had that lump in her throat as if they were already coming.

"I better go, if you need anything I'm available." He gave a slight wave.

"Wait, Daniel!" Brooklyn ran up and gave him one last big hug. "Thank you so much!" She whispered. "You saved our lives."