𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝟺

Girl was walking when she felt a presence behind her, she spun around grabbing her switchblade from her pocket in the process.

"Chill out Princess!"

"Dallas," she breathed.

"Heading to job two point O?"

"Yes now leave me alone."

"Wouldn't work be canceled, if you haven't noticed it's currently down-pouring on us."

"Shoot, you got a quarter?" She looked over towards the pay phone.

"Yeah." Dallas shrugged as the girl held her hand out. "Oh, you want it?" He asked taunting her.

"Dallas we ain't kids no more, hand me the quarter."

"Fine." He tossed her the quarter but with 'such bad aim', he missed her and made it into the sewer drain along the sidewalk.

"Dude!" She rolled her eyes and continued to walk to the diner until a car drove by, it was one of her coworkers.

"Works canceled honey." She shouted through the slightly cracked open window.

"Thank Barb." She huffed and turned back around to be face-to-face with Dallas. "I said leave me alone!"

"How much longer till' you get home?" He asked her.

"Thirty minutes... till' you showed up." She huffed and shivered slightly through her thin spring coat which has not been deflecting rain the past ten minutes, it has been absorbing it.

"Your gonna get hypothermia, man."

"I wouldn't be if you would leave me alone!"

"The Curtis house is a five-minute walk we can walk there, they wouldn't mind if we sat out the rain with 'em'."

"I can survive on my own Dallas!"

"At least come to Buck's."

"Fine but just because you won't stop buggin' me." She shoved her shivering hands into her pockets.

"Here, borrow my jacket man, you look blue." Dallas draped his leather jacket on the shivering girl. She nodded a thanks and pulled it over her shoulders more. That left Dallas with just a tee-shirt but he didn't mind.

They walked in pure silence, just the patter of the rain and the squeak of their soaking shoes.

"Hey, Dal." A tall muscular man hopped out of his red Ford pickup truck parked outside a well-loved house.

"Hey, man." He half waved to the man.

"New girl?" He asked nodding to 'Ghost' standing shivered to the bone next to Dal.

"Heck no." She snapped between the shivers of her teeth.

"Randle and your brother's new coworker."

"Ahh so your the infamous mystery girl, eh'?"

"Sure." The girl muttered to Darry.

"Well I ought to get outta this rain, wanna come in?" He offered the two.

"No!"  "Sure, man." Dal and the girl said at the same time.

"I'm okay, got places to be. Thought we were goin' to Buck's." She started to shuffle away but Dally dragged her behind Darry and into the dry and warm house. "Dal!" She shouted trying to get out of his grip.

Darry held the door open for the two.

When Girl walked in she was met with five faces staring at her confused.

Besides the fact that her braid and loose hair was matted onto her neck and that she was soaked, wearing Winston's jacket, they all looked between Dal and her utterly confused.

"Hey guys!" Dallas plopped down onto the couch while the girl turned to go.

"Come on Br-Kid, at least warm up." Dal dragged her to the couch.

"I have places to be!"

"Works canceled you can't possibly rol-"

"Shut it Dallas."

"So this is your new coworker?" Pony asked Steve and Soda.

"Yep." Steve muttered very amused between Dal and her bickering.

"Now I understand why Soda thinks she's annoying, she's a bit of a spit fire." Two Bit muttered.

"Coke Sprite Pop Dude is more annoying!" She yelled while in a head lock.

"I have to work with her all day." Steve said defensively.

"Don't say it like it's a bad thing Steven, it's been two days. Let me go Winston!" She shoved Dallas away from her.

"Has anyone told you guys that you look similar?" Darry asked looking suspiciously at them.

"Oh you have one judgmental gang Dal. Just cause' we both have brown hair and are supposedly annoying ain't mean we are similar. I gotta go, see ya guys at work!" She pushed Dallas off her and walked out leaving the guys confused, well walked out after shoving Dally's soping wet jacket at his face.

"Wait, kid!" Darry ran after her.

"What?" She rolled her eyes.

"If you ever need help or wanna hang out our door is always unlocked."

"I don't need or want friends, superman." She huffed and walked out into the rain.