Chaptet 8

After we've taken a shower, I put on a spaghetti-strap shirt and linen pants. I come out of the bedroom to see Hyunjin and Chan sitting on the couch, laughing at a variety show. I walk around the couch and sit down in between them. Hyunjin has me lie down and rubs my scalp with his fingers. Channie picks up my foot and massages it.

"You two spoil me too much," I say with my eyes closed.

Chan flicks my toe, and I look at him. "Sylinda shut up. We can do what we want for you," he says. I look up at Hyunjin.

"Yeah, you are going to lose this discussion jagiya," he says.

I shake my head and close my eyes. Hyunjin goes back to massaging my scalp lightly. Channie continues lightly rubbing my foot as he hums. I breathe in deeply and I drift off to sleep. But a knock on the suite door eventually interrupted my sleep. I bring my legs up so Chan can get up to answer the door. He comes back with Aja following behind him.

"Well, I think this is the most relaxed I have seen you before a competition. Whatever you did, you need to do before every competition," Aja says. Chan bursts out laughing and tries covering it with a cough. It doesn't work as Aja looks at him wide-eyed. "Um, okay I don't want to know. Let me get a chair and then I will get to work on making you beautiful.

"Sorry Aja, she already is," Hyunjin says, kissing the tip of my nose. I giggle as Chan is nodding his head while Aja's back is turned. She comes back with a chair and puts it next to the desk. She had left her bag on the desk when we did the fitting. She gets out supplies and puts them on the desk.

Aja taps the chair, "Okay let's get started on your hair. I had an epiphany last night and I am changing everything." I clap my hands quickly and get off the couch. I skip to the chair and sit down, beaming. Chan sits back down and starts the variety show again. Aja looks at me with her mouth hanging open. She recovers and says, "Seriously, whatever you had this morning I need two of them daily." My two goofballs laugh hysterically. I shrug at her as if to say "No clue what they are up to." She brushes my hair out as the flat iron heats.

"So how was the party last night?" Aja asks.

I look over to the couch and Chan is looking at me, concerned. I nervously chuckle and say, "Oh you know how those things are..."

"Boring!" Hyunjin yells from the couch as he acts like he is watching TV. Aja nods her head.

"I did run into the Korean editor for Vogue magazine. She knows my friend Meg who is a photographer for the American branch. You remember her, right Aja?" I ask.

"Girl, yes. She's so talented and spunky. She always had an expert eye for your cover photos," she says.

"She's been traveling Europe following the different fashion shows. Get this she will be in Greece soon for a big spread they are doing. Can you imagine Greece," I say, sighing. "One day I would love to go there for a vacation, but my schedule has been so crazy."

'We can only dream," she says, and we both laugh.

Later she surveys my hair to check that it is sprayed down well. She has slicked my hair back starting a few inches behind my hairline and has put it in a tight bun. The front of my hair has a little lift to it as it comes around the side of my face. She then intertwined my hair into two pieces. The pieces are laid down in a slight wave. The end of the hair wraps around the tight bun. She also has purple rhinestone pins securing my hair in places to keep the waves down along with the hairspray. My eye makeup is a mixture of light and deep purple. She's added intricate swirls of purple out by my eyes with rhinestones attached. My lash extensions and blush are dramatic, so I don't get washed out by the bright spotlights. Lastly, she's given me a rose-colored, matte lip. She hands me a mirror and holds another one behind me so that I can see the finished product.