My Man. 9

Fear
Days were passing by. It was already 35 weeks. He was scheduled for a final check up today.

"Whats the condition doctor?" Mew asked and the doctor noded in satisfaction.

"Everything is going smooth. The babies are good too. We will wait till Monday morning. You need to be here on Tuesday morning. And we will proceed." She explained and Mew saw Pha nervous for the first time in his nine months.

"Doctor.. Will i survive?" He asked and the doctor turned to him.

"Why not Pha? You are doing perfect. We will try to make it as normal as possible. Otherwise you already know we have to go for c- section." She explained as Mew helped Pha to clean his tummy and sit on the chair.

"Complications?" Pha questioned and she smiled.

"No Sweetheart. Not at all. You need to relax. No stress. No tension okay. Let it be with flow. As soon as you feel contractions, call to me immidiately. Even if it is before Monday okay?

Also Mew. Do one thing. Prepare a cold bath. As in fill in the tub with cold water. No warm. Only cold. Bearable according to Pha. Although the weather is good enough. But make sure he is comfortable. And Pha make sure to sit in the cold tub for at least fifteen to twenty minutes daily. It will relax your body naturally."

She instructed the couple before saying them bye.

"Mew am worried." Pha said as Mew drove the car toward their home.

"Why worried Pha? Everything is fine. The doctor told everything. Its Tuesday and only a week to go. We all are with you." He assured him.

Pha held his hand thinking about something. Mew chose to ask him once they are home.

Beam settled him on the couch placing a stool to keep his legs straight. Not to tire his feet anymore.

"Here. Fresh juice." He handed him the glass but he didnt drink, instead he kept it aside.

"What happened to Pha?" Beam asked Mew.

"He is worried. The doctor told to come to hospital on next Tuesday to proceed with the delivery. They will try for natural contractions but other than that C-Section is an absolute option." He slowly massaged Pha's shoulders.

"Why are you upset Pha?" Forth asked him holding his hand.

"What if.. What if i couldnt make it? What if something happened?" Some tears slipped on his cheeks.

"Pha. Why are you thinking like that? Doctor told you everything is good. Why are you upset?" Mew asked him calmly.

"I dont know Mew. I feel like am not gonna make it. I have seen women passing out due to the pain. Not making it up. I feel i wont make it too. I wont be able to hold my babies Mew." He was seriously crying.

Mew held him in his arms. He was upset too. Not because of any non existing complication. But because of Pha. He never was upset or worried during his whole pregnancy. And now when it was just time, he was getting weak.

"Pha. Nothing gonna happen to you or the babies. We all are here for you." Forth conforted him holding his hands.

"Beam. Promise me. If anything happened. You have to take care of both. You will make sure to raise them perfectly like your own. Am counting on you." Pha held Beam's hands and he was in tears.

"Pha why are you saying like this. You are making us cry too. See nothing gonna happen. I assure you. I have seen your report. Its...."

"I dont want to listen what my report or the doctor says. Promise me. You will do it." He cut his words and Beam was silent.