My Man. 11

Meeting the Babies

"You need to sit back in the room. While we shift your husband sir." The nurse guided him to the room with the baby.  He looked at Pha who was drifting off to sleep.

He came to the room along with Forth Beam and sat on the rocking chair.

"Do you want a skin contact?" The nurse softly asked.

"But.. Isnt it unhealthy for baby?" He was reluctant and she smiled.

"Not at all. Infact it helps bonding with the parents. You can do it too Mr Beam." she said and Mew didnt waste time.

He opened the buttons of his shirt to hold his boy directly skin to skin. She covered him with his plush blanket to maintain the temperature. And left the room to give them some privacy.

"Hey Mark.. Am your Daddy. And am so happy today. You have completed my world. For that. Thank you so much. I didnt know i could ever love anyone more than your Dad. But I love you even more. More than anyone baby." He was talking to his baby in no more a whisper.

He was so in love with his baby, trying to snuggle into his chest. He was kissing his forehead, his fingers. His feet. Not to disturb his sleep.

"Mew." Forth called him sitting by his side.

"Hummm" He was humming a song to his boy. Softly rocking him.

"Thank you Mew. For giving us this moment of joy." He side hug Mew sobbing.

"Come on Forth. Its not a moment its your for whole life. Our happiness is always shared. So why not this time too. We are a family. And family matters first. No more thanks okay." He wrapped his arm around Forth and he smiled.

*****

Pha was shifted back in the room. And he demanded to hold his baby at once. Beam handed him the girl too. He wasnt insecure or upset over the fact. She was his daughter and he had all rights on her.

He softly held both his babies with gleaming eyes and was about to hand over the girl to Beam but they both started crying.

Pha panicked for a moment but right then the doctor entered to have a look.

"Doctor why are they crying?" He was looking at her worrily. And she smiled.

"Phana.. The babies are hungry. I have told Mew how to prepare the formula milk, but i would suggest you feed them. Both. If its easy with Forth and Beam. Its best for the baby." She suggested and Pha looked at Beam.

"Why looking at me Pha. She is your daughter. You can feed him. I have no objection. Also i was thinking. Why dont you feed both during day time and we will switch to formula milk for night. Isut safe doctor?" Beam turned to Doctor and she noded.

"Thats a good choice Beam." She noded and left the room making sure that everything is fine.

Pha looked at his pretty babies. They were crying out of hunger. Trying to eat their own hands. He warmly smiled and asked Mew to help him sit a bit.

"Can you handle both at same time?" Beam helped him sit properly.

"Yeah i guess i can. Can you please pass me the shawl please." He was slightly blushing. Hell it was worth it.

He opened few buttons of his shirt and adjusted the babies with the help of Mew. Their hungry lips quickly latched to both nipples. Pha hissed for a bit. It wasnt pleasent actually. Bit painfull. Since he felt his chest heavy and the way babies were sucking him with full strength, grabbing him with their fingers.

Mew covered him with a shawl watching the glow of having his babies in his arms.

Although they were friends still it was a special moment between Pha and his babies. ForthBeam excused themselves to get something from cafeteria.

"Tired?" Mew slid into the bed slipping behind him and leaned Pha in his arms. He was gently massaging his shoulder and neck muscles.

"Hmmmm. Very much. It takes alot to keep a child and then giving birth. And then feeding them. Hmmmph.." He softly huffed.

"You know Pha. You are looking so beautiful." Mew kissed his temples. "Thank you Pha."

"Here give them to me. Lay down now. Sleep for a while." He took the babies from Pha and put them in their crib as they were sleeping peacefully. And looked at Pha. He was trying hard to keep his eyes open.

Mew smiled and softly racked his hair untill he fell asleep.

******

"Pha sleeping?" Forth came in with food.

"Yeah he was exhausted. The whole labour process. And then feeding the babies. Its good he sleeps for a while." Mew joined Beam on the couch.

"Why dont you sleep too." Beam handed him sandwich and coffee.

"I will at night. How about i stay in tonight. Or you guys want to accompany me? Am sure Beam wants to stay with her girl. Doctor said Pha can leave for home tomorrow." he took a bite and Beam thought for a moment.

"I guess its okay we all stay here. We will leave together." They agreed on it and well yes Beam wanted to spend time with his daughter.

******

Pha woke up after two hours when he heard his babies crying again.

"What happened?" He adjusted himself quickly.

"Nothing Pha. They needed a diaper change. We did it. And now the babies are looking for their MOM to feed them." Mew chuckled as he saw a tint of pink on Pha.

"Shut up. And hand over the babies." Pha mumbled shyly.

"Owh babies. You are hungry so fast. Huh." He took them in his arms to feed them again.

"We can go home tomorrow Pha." Mew told him and he couldnt be more happy.

****
"Yayyyy Am home. Baby look. Its your home." Pha entered the lounge on the wheelchair pushed by Mew, having his bundle of joy in his arms.

"Do you want to go upstairs?" Mew asked Pha but he shook his head.

"No i want to spend time here. Will go at night." Pha settled on the couch confortably as he put his Baby in his carrying cot.

"Mew. I have brought the bags from the car. Shall i put it in your room?" Forth entered the lounge with bags.

"No Forth Thank you. Pha is sitting here and its all Mark's things. So i guess keep it here. Will take at night."

Beam brought a glass of juice for Pha. And dish out the dinner they bought on the way..

The doctor had advised him to eat anything he wants but less spicy for a while. Fruits juices and milk. Also she prescribed formula milk for both babies if they wanted to. Well Beam had to.

He just had half of his juice when Mark woke up. Shuffling uneasily. He looked at Mew who quickly picked him affraid he will wake Gen too. But he was late...

Mark woke up due to diaper change but Gen was hungry now. And it was bit easy for Pha to handle her while Mew was attending Mark.

Pha looked over him. He was doing his job without frowning for even a bit. No crease on his forehead. Instead there was a contented smile as he was pleased.

"Mew.." he couldnt stop himself.

"What happened Handsome." He neatly wrapped him in his light weight shawl and carried him to the couch waiting for Pha to feed Gen first.

"Dont you feel bad changing his diapers. Cleaning his poop or vomits when he doesnt burp properly." He asked with a curosity and Mew smiled..

"Why would i Pha. He is my son. Why would i feel disgusted. I love to do his tasks. I love to make him comfy. I love to clean him. You dont know how much i love him Pha." He softly cooed rocking his arms lightly left to right.

Forth looked at Mew and smiled. He felt the same happiness taking care of Gen. May be this is what we call parenting.

-----
Tabby