that hockey game -D.P.

"oh, come on! it's our first big game here, you have to come, y/n/n!" connie pleaded.

you rolled your eyes playfully, a small smile forming on your face. both julie and connie noticed, causing them to both smile.

"fine, i'll come! but, if you guys lose, you both owe me ten dollars." you caved, playfully scolding them and putting a finger in their face.

the two girls cheered, "yes! we promise you won't regret it!" julie smiled, her toothy smile causing you to scrunch your face up with happiness.

you weren't much of a hockey type of girl, football and basketball games were more your thing at your old school.

you were new at eden hall, along with julie and connie. the two girls were friends before they met you, but you were partnered up with them for a science project and you clicked instantly.

over the course of a week, julie and connie continued to pester you in a loving way about what you were going to wear, how were you going to style your hair, and what time you were going to get there.

you had answered their string of questions: you were going to wear a y/f/c sweater and some leggings with your black ugg boots, you hadn't decided on a hairstyle yet, and you told them that you were going to arrive at least 15 minutes before the game started so you can talk to them.

"i think you should wear your hair down. it's really cold in there." connie warned over the phone as you got dressed. connie had been on the phone with you for an hour, even sitting on the phone as you were in the shower, to make sure you were actually getting ready to come to the game.

"okay, then i'll wear my hair down. i will see you in a few minutes. goodbye, connie!" you smiled, laughing as you hung up on her before she could protest.

you did your hair and makeup before grabbing your purse and walking out of your room.

"dad, i'm ready!" you called out from the top of the stairs before hurrying down them. when you reached the bottom of the stairs, your dad was already standing by the door waiting on you.

"about time, ladybug. now let's go and so you can get your hockey on!" he pumped a fist into the air happily. you laughed at your dad's corniness, but it was okay because he's your dad.

the drive to eden hall was short. you only lived 20 minutes away and your dad sang along to your favorite pop/rap/r&b songs the whole ride there.

"thank you dad, i love you!" you thanked as you got out of the car, making your way around the car to give your dad a kiss on the cheek.

"no problem, ladybug. just call me if you need anything. i'll be back here in about two and half hours to pick you up, so about 8:30-ish." he said in an assuring way.

"you're the best, daddy! i love you so much!" you grinned. "i love you more, ladybug. have fun!" he said, blowing you a kiss.

"i will!" you blew him a kiss back before you waved to each other as he drove away.

you made your way inside, following everyone else into the arena.

when you got in, you had bought your ticket and even got yourself a snack and a drink.

on your way to the actual stands, you had bumped into your friend linda.

you and linda had also became quick friends as you bonded over your beliefs and even music taste.

"hey, linda! i wasn't expecting to see you here!" you exclaimed as the two of you exchanged a quick hug.

"me neither. my friend persuaded me into coming." she blushed when she mentioned her friend, which you caught on to.