Chapter 6: Villain

Her elegant frame stood tall above the heroes who surrounded her.
A flamboyant presence, like that of a TV show hostess - As such she wore heavy make-up on her white pale face, the same face that seemed to broke up like a sheet in an uncanny matter.
Her outfit was pink for the most part, with fishnets stockings and top.

"Give up."

An order spoken in a gruff tone, Endeavor's squad had just reached the woman's position.
At her feet various distorted figures. Their bodies heavily mutated to make them look unsightly and incapable of moving. Still, they did not seem in a life threatening situation.

"Oh my, the number two hero finally blessed me with an inch of his attention! Now this oughta earn me some views!"

Six blue tentacles squirmed from her back, one of it was holding a camera.

"What do we do boss? We can't touch her!"

One of Endeavor's sidekicks whispered at him.

"Ehy, no need to murmur! I can hear you nice and clean!"

The woman moved some of her blue hair to the side, revealing to have modified her ear to that of a cat.

At that point, her quirk effect was clear. She had the ability to modify the genetic structure of anything she touched.

"Everyone, outside."

They all obeyed.

"Uh? You think you can manage me all alone En-"

A dense blast of fire immediately swept her away. From the outside of the building, a violent explosion broke the concrete wall.
She actually managed to not get injuries, hiding herself in the smokescreen.
While falling, she picked up the camera and her tentacles fused in a pair of bat wings.

"Okay, my dear viewers. It may look like I'm running away, but I just had a brilliant idea!"

She fled from the scene as fast as possible.
But little did she know, once those flaming eyes were dead set on a villain, usually their show off had an anticlimactic ending.

-

"Uh, curious. I was sure I saw someone inside... But anyway, how's the number two hero's office for a finale? I wonder what kind of secrets we'll find."

I had to get help.
I couldn't fight her on my own, the best course of action would've been to alert the remaining sidekicks in the building and call over Endeavor.

I picked up my phone, searching for his contact.

The office phone rang.

"Oh! I who will it be?! A peek in today's guest's affairs!"

As she came for the phone, she saw me behind the desk.

I immediately picked up the landline phone throwing it all at her face, creating a brief distraction.

The next second I was running for my life towards the broken window. She quickly recovered from the hit and glared at me with murderous intent.

"... Sneaky rat. You're not a guest in today's episode."

All of her tentacles lunged towards me with blazing speed. I rolled on the side, launching myself outside the broken window,  falling from it, but dodging the tentacles.

I regained balance barely before touching the ground, opening my wings and gliding over the road.
Then I gained more and more altitude.
But my antennae heard it.
A bat's wing flap.

She was onto me, and she was faster.
But I could maneuver better in the air, making rough change in directions at the last second.
Also, I always knew where she was thanks to my antennae.

But I could only gain that much time.
We flew between the tall buildings like it was a deranged aerial obstacle course.

I started to feel the need to catch my breath, as flying required a great sustain of stamina.
I began to fly slower, but lower.
Into the flowing traffic.
Various cars beeped at me as I cut their track loose.

"Gnh!"

Suddenly, my shoulder collided with the side of a car.
Hurt, I began to fly dizzily, making an emergency landing in a small park nearby.
... more than a "landing" I crashed in the ground till a tree stopped my path.

My insect body was frail but light, so I was not as badly hurt as a normal human would be from that fall. The only thing badly damaged was my shoulder, whose dripping blood had soaked my feather white jacket.

Still, I was a mess.

People in the park were trying to approach me, but everytime they got too close - A tentacle quickly repelled them.
Then they began to mutate in ugly and deformed monsters. Their scream echoed in the air shaking my soul.

My pursuer had already caught up with me.

At the sight of that massacre, my heart thigtened like enveloped in string and guilt. I brought her there. I was held accountable.
So I rose up. I did not have a plan nor any chance of defeating her.
But if the time I gained was enough to save even one life, it would've been worth it.

"Ehy! I'm sure your viewers would rather enjoy you finally catching your prey, rather than a mindless purge of civilians."

She put on a slasher smile, preparing to mutate me too with her tentacles.

"Trying to act all hero-like even in the face of abysmal demise! How nauseating!"

She lunged towards me, of course I had no means of avoiding the hit. She was way too fast. Too powerful. On a total different league.

Then he came through out of nowhere piercing the air like a shooting star. His flaming punch did not touch her, but the shockwave alone shut her down, smashing her head on the ground.
On the soil she laid, senseless.
In awe I watched his blazing back.

When he turned to meet my gaze, I almost teared up. Smiling.

My first day of work came to a conclusion.