chapter 38

Jung Hoseok's heart pounded as he dialed Yuna's number, his fingers trembling slightly. After a few rings, she picked up, her voice cautious yet familiar. He asked her to meet him at their favorite park, the place where they had shared countless memories of laughter and love. The gravity of his decision weighed heavily on him; he knew this meeting could change everything.

As the sun began to set, Hoseok waited nervously on a park bench, his heart racing with a mix of hope and anxiety. Soon, he saw Yuna approaching, her steps hesitant, her expression a mixture of surprise and curiosity.

"Hoseok," she said softly, her eyes locking onto his. "What's going on?"

Taking a deep breath, he stood up, struggling to find the right words. "Yuna, I know it's been a while, and I understand if you're angry with me. But I needed to see you, to talk to you."

Yuna's arms crossed defensively. "Hoseok, you can't just expect everything to be okay after everything that happened. We went through so much pain."

Hoseok nodded, his gaze dropping to the ground. "I know, and I'm so sorry for everything. I've had time to reflect on my mistakes, on how I let us fall apart."

Yuna's expression softened a fraction, but her guard remained up. "Hoseok, you can't just come back and expect me to forget everything. Love isn't enough sometimes."

Tears welled up in his eyes as he reached out to hold her hand, a desperate plea in his voice. "But Yuna, I still love you. More than I ever realized before. Losing you made me realize how much you mean to me, how empty my life is without you."

Yuna's eyes glistened with emotion, her voice tinged with sadness. "Hoseok, love isn't a magic fix. It doesn't erase the hurt or the trust that was broken."

He squeezed her hand gently. "I know I hurt you deeply, and I regret it every day. But people can change, Yuna. I've been working on myself, seeking help, trying to become a better person."

Yuna looked at him with a mix of skepticism and vulnerability. "Change takes time, Hoseok. I can't just forget everything and go back to the way things were."

Hoseok's voice cracked as he held back tears. "I understand. But I'm willing to do whatever it takes to earn your trust again, to rebuild what we had."

Yuna sighed, a conflicted expression on her face. "Hoseok, you were my world once. But it's not that simple anymore. I've changed too, and I've had to find my own strength to move forward."

Tears finally spilled from Hoseok's eyes, his heart breaking with the weight of his realization. "I just want you to know that I love you with all my heart. And if there's even a chance, I'll fight for us, for our love."

Yuna's gaze softened as she gently pulled her hand away from his. "Hoseok, I'll always care for you. But right now, I need to care for myself too."

With those words, Yuna turned and began to walk away, leaving Hoseok standing there, his heart shattered once again. He watched her figure disappear into the distance, feeling a profound sense of loss.

As darkness settled over the park, Hoseok found himself alone, replaying their conversation in his mind. He knew yuna is not someone who will forget everything easily and accept him with open heart after what she had to go through when she was left alone by him with his mom...

He was heartbroken when he got the know that his own mother filled poison in her daughter-in laws mind about her son. The only solution that caught up in his mind was informing everything to his father in law... And thats what he did...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was a serene evening, The couple sat on the couch, their fingers intertwined, as a comfortable silence enveloped them. With a thoughtful sigh, Taehyung turned to Jungkook, a glint of excitement in his eyes.

"Jungkook," Taehyung began, his voice a mix of curiosity and intrigue, "I had an unexpected conversation with your father today. He revealed something that left me utterly amazed."

Jungkook's brows furrowed as he looked at Taehyung, his curiosity piqued. "What did he tell you, Tae?"

A small smile tugged at the corner of Taehyung's lips as he leaned in, his eyes gleaming with anticipation. "He told me about your momma, the one you always thought was the villain in your life."

Jungkook's eyes widened, surprise evident on his face. "Wait, you mean... Are you saying she's not actually bad?"

Taehyung nodded, his smile gentle and reassuring. "Exactly. Your father explained that she actually saved you from a life-threatening situation when you were young. She's been carrying that burden of being misunderstood all these years."

Jungkook's mind raced, memories from his childhood intertwining with this newfound revelation. "I... I had no idea," he whispered, his voice filled with a mix of emotions. "I've misjudged her for so long."

Taehyung squeezed Jungkook's hand comfortingly. "It's never too late to reassess our perceptions, love. This could be an opportunity for healing and understanding."

As the weight of the revelation settled in, Jungkook turned to Taehyung, his eyes reflecting gratitude. "Thank you for sharing this with me, hubby. I appreciate you always being by my side."

Taehyung leaned in, placing a tender kiss on Jungkook's forehead. "Always, darling. No matter what."

Just as the couple was processing this new chapter in their lives, Taehyung's expression turned more somber. "There's another thing, Jungkook. Appa also mentioned something about your yuna's love life being in danger."

Jungkook's concern deepened as he leaned forward, his eyes searching Taehyung's for answers. "What happened? Is she alright?"

Taehyung's brows furrowed, his concern mirroring Jungkook's. "I don't have all the details, but it seems like your sister might be facing some challenges in her relationship. Your father seemed worried."

Jungkook let out a sigh, his fingers running through his hair in frustration. "I should talk to her...I want to make sure she's okay."

Taehyung nodded, his support unwavering. "Absolutely, bubba Your sister is lucky to have a caring brother like you. Just remember, whatever she's going through, you're there to lend an ear and offer your strength."

Jungkook's lips curled into a faint smile as he looked at Taehyung. "You always know the right things to say, hubby."

Taehyung chuckled softly. "I learn from the best, after all darling."

As the evening turned into night, Taehyung and Jungkook found solace in each other's company. They discussed their dreams, their hopes, and the surprising revelations that had come their way. Their bond grew stronger, reaffirming their commitment to one another and to their loved ones.

the revelation about Jungkook's stepmother served as a reminder that sometimes, the truths we hold dear can be reshaped by new perspectives. Taehyung and Jungkook continued to build their life together, their love growing stronger with every obstacle they faced and overcame.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Enjoy 😊😊