𝙋𝙍𝙊𝙇𝙊𝙂𝙐𝙀

REDEMPTION

┏•━•━•━ ◎ ━•━•━•┓
Prologue
A New Path
┗•━•━•━ ◎ ━•━•━•┛

❝I'm the only being close to perfection.❞

YOU STRUGGLED TO WALK into the forest, the moonlight shining down upon you was the only source of light to illuminate your path. Your dishevelled hair covered some of your face, preventing anyone from seeing the dried blood. You had lost everything, your subordinates, your powers, your family. Everything you had ever achieved disappeared in a blink of an eye.

All because of that brat!

You were making a great progress, you were close to perfection. However, that boy and his companions had ruined it all. You didn't even know if they were still after you or not, hopefully they gave up. Your hunger was out of control due to your loss of power. You devoured hundreds of humans and yet you still felt really hungry, you needed more to satisfy your uncontrollable hunger. You were pretty tired and your body found difficulty in regenerating energy, using all of the blood you consumed to rebuilt your powers again.

You frowned as you pushed your body to move, "I can sense humans somewhere, but they are far away." You thought, almost tripping over a small rock. You haven't eaten yet this night and this made you worry about the pain of hunger you will suffer from later. Thus, you have to find humans and fast. You walked for what felt like hours until you saw a house in the middle of the forest. A small spark of hope bloomed in your heart, you finally got to eat this night.

Meanwhile...

A monk along with his companions sat a campsite to rest for the night after their long journey. He smiled upon watching his monkey and pig friends argue over something minor. The monkey smirked with a smug look, "Just admit it piggy! Without me, you would be done for!" He exclaimed with pride, putting his hands on his hips. The pig growled in anger, "We all worked together in this, no one is better than the other!" He retorted, not bothered to hide his fury. However, this didn't faze the monkey at all, "Hah! That's what weaklings say!" He mocked which made the pig more upset.

"Why you-...!"

"Now now..." The monk spoke up calmly, his eyes closed, "We all worked together. Sun Wukong, no need to mock Zhu Bajie for the effort he had put." He stated as he opened his eyes, offering his companions a gentle smile. Both Wukong and Zhu Bajie exchanged glares before turning away from each other. A man with white hair laughed, "It seems you two would never get along." Ao Lie said while still giggling, the blue guy known as Sha Wujing nodded in agreement. The monk was about to speak again when a loud scream was heard nearby.

The five males looked at the direction of the scream, "Oh dear, someone is in danger." The monk stated as he looked at his friends, "We must go and help them." He ordered and stood up, the four men following after them. They all followed the screams for a minute or so, but they shortly stopped which left them a bit confused where to go. Eventually, they reached a house... the doors were open and the lights were out. Wukong pulled his staff out and moved forward, "Should I go inside first, master?" He asked, waiting for a permission from the monk.

"Wait! Someone is getting out!" Sha Wujing proclaimed as he pointed at the silhouette. The five of them stared in shock as you walked out while dragging a corpse of man in your hand, your clothes and face were covered in the blood of the humans you had killed.

 The five of them stared in shock as you walked out while dragging a corpse of man in your hand, your clothes and face were covered in the blood of the humans you had killed

You looked up and saw some people staring at you, a monkey, a pig, a blue man, a man that you can sense that he is not a human, and... a human. Your eyes turned into slits as they slightly glowed bright red, you were still hungry and this human will sure suffice for the night. However, you had to dispose of those men around him. Wukong stood in front of the monk while the pig and the blue man stood by each side, "We must protect the master!" He exclaimed as he pointed his staff at you. 

You didn't move... You weren't strong enough to fight them all plus you don't have time to fight. Finding humans is your top priority. The monk seemed to see something in you, desperation, loneliness, hopelessness. All of these could be seen in your eyes, "Lower your weapons, my friends." He calmly stated, taking everyone by surprise, but they obeyed. The monk approached you yet he kept a safe distance between you and him, "Don't worry, child. We're here to help you." He told you with a soft tone.

You glared at him sharply, veins popped around your face, "I don't need your help, human. Leave at once." You demanded yet the monk didn't comply. The monk smiled and held his hand toward you, "I can tell that you're desperate for help, please let us help you." He said with kindness, trying his best to convince you to accept his offer. You growled as your patience grew thin, your hunger was slowly taking control of you. You didn't want to fight those people if you tried to attack the monk. You held your head in pain and the monk noticed this, "My child, you're in pain." He declared, the men behind him preparing themselves for anything you might do.

Suddenly, you growled and launched at the monk, taking everyone off guard. However, Wukong moved quickly behind you and pulled you back by using his staff and putting it on your neck. You struggled against his grip as you tried to free yourself, "What should we do now, master?" Zhu Bajie asked, still looking at you with a bit of concern. The monk sighed and raised his staff, "She is in pain and needs help, I can remove this pain." As he said that, he tapped his staff down. A bright yellow symbol appeared underneath your feet.

Out of blue, you felt a weird shock go through your body and then all of the power had left your body. Wukong removed his staff and you fell down, feeling unable to move. This was humiliating, you couldn't handle another human defeating you this easily. You could feel tears welling up in your eyes, but you held them in. Nobody had ever seen you cry like this, you weren't weak. The monk walked closer toward you...

"What's your story, my child? Why are you in pain?"

The monk asked as he looked down at you with kind eyes. It was the first time someone had ever looked at you with such look, no fear or hatred... just kindness. However, could you really trust him?

To Be Continued...