𝘾𝙃𝘼𝙋𝙏𝙀𝙍 𝙎𝙄𝙓

REDEMPTION

┏•━•━•━ ◎ ━•━•━•┓
Chapter Six
Mk the Monkie Kid
┗•━•━•━ ◎ ━•━•━•┛

❝I'm the only being close to perfection.❞

FOR YEARS OF LIVING with Wukong, nothing special happened at all. He would do nothing other than being lazy the whole day and you would just come out of your box to walk around Flower Fruit Mountain or watch the stars during the night.

No human acknowledge your existence at all, well not yet anyway. Actually, who would know about you two? You were living on a mountain in an island surrounded by a range of flaming mountains, they would just think that you two are just an old myth or a legend. Beside all of this, it will be annoying to have humans around you and Wukong. You had always preferred the quietness of this beautiful place. However, something wasn't right at all...

Recently, you could hear Wukong talking to someone, the voice seemed to belong to a kid. The kid has been coming to the mountain for a while now and you could hear them both training which in fact disturbed your peaceful all-day sleep. What was strange was the fact that Wukong was denying that there was a kid with him. He would tell you that you were either imagining things or you were probably dreaming. Obviously, you didn't believe him yet decided to play along in order to catch him red-handed. You had already formed a plan in your mind, you had told Wukong that you were going to sleep the whole day for two weeks. However, you will just hide in the box and then take Wukong off guard to see who is this kid visiting everyday. Right now, you were waiting for Wukong to get into the house. Thankfully, the sunlight wouldn't reach you because the curtains were all down. Wukong would always keep them down whether you were asleep or not.

The door opened and Wukong walked in, followed by someone else, "Come on, kid. Let's get you a healthy snack." Wukong said, sounding cheerful as always. You could hear the other person _who you assumed was the kid_ groan, "But I want to train more! Let's go back outside, Monkey King." He excitingly exclaimed which made Wukong chuckle.

"Nope, you need some rest."

"Ugh! Fine, but only for a few minutes."

The two of them made their way to the kitchen and this was your opportunity to go and see who was with your monkey companion. You slowly opened the box and got out of it, returning back to your normal size. With light footsteps, you walked toward the kitchen. You could hear the kid talking with Wukong, "Say Monkey, why your house's lights is so dim?" The kid asked. Wukong nervously laughed, "Well... I have my reasons." He replied which made your eyebrow twitch. A vein popped on your forehead out of frustration. He wasn't only lying at you, he was also lying at the boy too and didn't tell him about you being the reason. Out of fury, you punched the wall and almost broke it, making the two males flinch.

"What was that?" The boy asked with a bit of fright in his tone. You huffed and decided to walk into the kitchen where you saw the kid holding Wukong's staff, "Y/N? I thought you will sleep for the whole day, why are you aw-...!" Before your friend could finish his question, the kid rushed to you. He gawked while you stared at him with confusion, "I can't believe it! You're Y/N Kibutsuji, the Japanese demon and one of the strongest Monkey King's companions!" He exclaimed with sparkling eyes. You raised an eyebrow before looking at Wukong as if demanding an explanation. Wukong appeared really nervous, "Y-Y/N, this is Mk. He is my successor." He introduced the boy to you, letting out a small laugh while scratching the back of his head.

You glared at Wukong and let out a growl followed by a hum. Mk looked between you two before he decided to speak up again, "Why didn't you tell me that Y/N is still with you? You know I read almost everything about you, Monkey King." Mk pointed out a very important question. You crossed your arms and squinted your eyes, waiting for Wukong the answer. The Monkey King let out a sigh, "Look, I know it's wrong that I didn't tell you two about each other. I just feared that after all those years alone, you might lose control again and attack Mk." He explained with a serious tone. Your sharp expression softened a bit as you understood why he didn't tell you about his successor.

"Hmm..." You hummed and composed yourself. Mk still looked confused yet he decided to ignore it and focus on you, "I'm the luckiest person in the world to meet you! You're so cool and powerful, you're my favorite hero after Monkey King." He said with awe and amusement. You stared at him for a moment, the word hero lingering in your head. Nobody has once considered you as a hero because you were always seen as the antagonist of the story. The kid seemed to admire you so much and considered you as a hero and protector just like his mentor. Not to mention the great similarity between his and Wukong's aura. In fact, his way of acting and hyperactivity reminds you so much of Wukong.

That's why probably why he was chosen to be his successor and perhaps the next Monkey King. Either way, you will have to deal with two Wukongs from now on. Too much for this place to be quiet.