𝘾𝙃𝘼𝙋𝙏𝙀𝙍 𝙁𝙄𝙑𝙀

REDEMPTION

┏•━•━•━ ◎ ━•━•━•┓
Chapter Five
Years of Redemption
┗•━•━•━ ◎ ━•━•━•┛

❝I'm the only being close to perfection.❞

TANG AND THE GROUP were at the campsite, waiting for you to return back before the sunrise. The monk was the most concerned about you, he knew that you still have a long path ahead of you to redeem yourself. Thus, he didn't want you to die yet.

Wukong on the other hand was pacing back and forth in frustration, he wanted to go and help you. However, he can't risk the monk's safety. Zhu Bajie groaned in annoyance, "Can you stop moving around? You're stressing everyone out. Just calm down, can ya?" He stated as he rolled his eyes. Monkey King glared daggers at him, "Are you kidding me? Y/N is fighting those demons alone and you want me to calm down? You're a foolish piglet!" He insulted which in turn frustrated Zhu Bajie a lot. The two of them were about to engage in a fight, but the monk stopped them before it gets worse.

"You two, stop!" As he demanded, the pig and the monkey paused their argument.

Tang turned around with a deep frown, "Our friend is stuck fighting those creatures and you two are arguing like children, how can you be so childish in a situation like this?" He scolded firmly and this made the two males look down in guilt. Suddenly, the group heard approaching footsteps and that alerted everyone to cover Tang to protect him. They all looked at the direction of the woods where they could see a silhouette walking toward them, "We must keep master safe." Sha Wujing stated, taking a fighting stance. However, the person was someone unexpected at all...

"Y/N!" The first who called your name was Ao Lie who later ran toward you to give you some help. The rest stood there with wide eyes as they watched in horror the state you were in.

Your clothes were covered in blood and there was claw marks across your face along with one missing forearm and other wounds around your body. You barely managed to walk, but thanks to Ao Lie's support, you were able to reach them. Tang rushed to your side and helped you as well before the two sat you down to lean against the tree for support. You were huffing through the muzzle while trying to stop the bleeding, "You shouldn't have stayed alone, Y/N. The others could've helped you. Now look what become of you." Tang said with great worry, observing your major injuries. You shook your head and winced in pain, letting out a pained hum.

Ao Lie looked at Tang in panic, "Master, what should we do? She is losing a lot of blood." He uttered.

"We have to find a doctor!" Zhu Bajie exclaimed his suggestion.

"Wait! Guys, look!" Wukong pointed out as he noticed something.

Everyone turned to look at you and they immediately noticed that the blood stopped oozing from your arm. You took in a deep breath before using all of your might to regenerate your arm back and surprising your friends. Sha Wujing took a step back in shock, "H-Her arm popped out of nowhere, what kind of demon can do that?" He said the question everyone thought of. You dropped your regenerated arm down then shrunk in size before closing your eyes to rest and power up again, "I-Is she dead?" Wukong asked, fearing the unexpected. The monk shook his head, "No, she is still breathing. However, she has gained a lot of injuries that will heal in no time." He said and pushed your hair away from your face.

"I will forever be grateful for her bravery to save us all."

The whole group nodded in agreement while seeing the injuries on your face slowly heal, "Master, the sun is raising!" Ao Lie pointed out. Wukong moved and picked up while Zhu Bajie opened the box so he can put you in, "Rest well, Y/N." Monkey King whispered and closed the door. None of them knew that after this night, you will sleep for a very long while. However, not that long to not join any other adventures

◎━━━━━━◎━━━━━━◎

Knock knock!

"Wake up, sleepy head. It's night time."

The door of a small box opened before a figure appeared out of it. Monkey King smiled as he saw you return back to your normal size, "You slept well, sleeping beauty?" He teased with an annoying smirk on his face. You growled at him in a threatening manner, veins popping up on your face. Wukong sweatdropped upon noticing that you weren't in the mood for his stupid jokes, "Okay okay! Jeez, someone is really grumpy this night." He said, scratching the back of his head.

You rolled your eyes and walked outside of his hut to watch the stars. It has been years since you went to adventures, the monk and remaining companions had died long time ago. Only you and Wukong remained together, the monk made it clear that you should continue redeem yourself and stay with Wukong. Thankfully, you managed to go past your craving for human flesh and found another source of energy... Sleeping. You have been living with Wukong in Flower Fruit Mountain for years, but the two of you still didn't get along very well. Anyway...

You sat down for stargazing as Wukong joined you, "Hey, I have something to tell you." He spoke up, breaking the silence between you two.

"Hmm?" You hummed in a questioning way, keeping your eyes on the sky. Wukong chuckled and looked up, "I've got a successor." Upon hearing this, you turned to him with a raised eyebrow as if you were suspecting him. Wukong saw your reaction and scoffed, "What? I can get a successor, I'm a great teacher." He said with pride, but you just shook your head and stood up to leave him. Wukong blinked a few times before he chased after you, "Hey! You can't just leave, I haven't told you what happened!" He exclaimed and you just continued to walk around the mountain to go as far away as possible from him.

That's how your days went with the Monkey King in the modern era. Now that Wukong has a successor, you wondered what new adventures awaiting you two.